The County Board Complaints Thread

Does Frank Need To Go

• Total voters
The problems you’ve well set out above highlight why CCB need to support the schools much better. I’m not defending CCB or a spokesperson for them at all, but I do think the schools are better development nodes than the rebel og squads.
I can assure you if a particular school doesn’t want the support then there will be plenty to replace it.
As for logistics, elite school academies don’t interfere with the normal school day only for championship games which are on Wednesday afternoons typically anyway.
Very few parents send their kids to secondary schools based how friendly the school is to the GAA. Look at Chríost Rí. They’ve a massive tradition but have crumbled in recent years. I remember when I was there Mick Evans said ‘Corn Uí Mhuirí is priority. You can always repeat the leaving’. That was total crap 20 years ago and still total crap. Teachers don’t think like that anymore. Maybe a minority do.

Very few parents send their kids to secondary schools based how friendly the school is to the GAA. Look at Chríost Rí. They’ve a massive tradition but have crumbled in recent years. I remember when I was there Mick Evans said ‘Corn Uí Mhuirí is priority. You can always repeat the leaving’. That was total crap 20 years ago and still total crap. Teachers don’t think like that anymore. Maybe a minority do.
Times have changed for sure. Look at the impact on Cork hurling in particular.
I think with CCR the talent hasn’t necessarily disappeared entirely, just a lot of talent that is there is gone to other schools in the city.

What is to be gained for Cork Gaa when the CEO is talking on national media about Cork Underage Development Squads etc??

If Development Squads / Rebel Og are to be revamped they need to setup independent committees. And I think that the CEO & CCB officers should stay out of these committees as he seems to have the answers to Cork Gaa problems already.

This is a structural change that Cork Gaa cant afford to get wrong so the more debate the better.

Surely there are more people in Cork Gaa that can lead these necessary underage structural changes.

Last edited:
What is to be gained for Cork Gaa when the CEO is talking on national media about Cork Underage Development Squads etc??

If Development Squads / Rebel Og are to be revamped they need to setup independent committees. And I think that the CEO & CCB officers should stay out of these committees as he seems to have the answers to Cork Gaa problems already.

This is a structural change that Cork Gaa cant afford to get wrong so the more debate the better.

Surely there are more people in Cork Gaa that can lead these necessary underage structural changes.
Agree. Our CEO is an ambitious man I’d say… that’s the only reason I can think of anyway.
A closed mouth catches no flies
He took a hit nationally with the failed motion on minor last year.

There was nearly murder walking back up the Monahan Road. A Paddywagon coach had the whole place blocked up and cars started mounting the footpath to get around it.

Interesting I called KOD a bluffer and said he's more interested in having an ego and title of CEO last week and faced criticism for it.
Interesting article I copied over from another thread.

'My neighbours Cork are also mired in deep trouble at the foot of Division 2.
Their problems have not happened overnight. I taught in a Cork post-primary school for three decades and never once did a GAA coach from the county board cross the threshold
My colleague Seán McGoldrick reported in the Sunday World last Sunday that Cork underspent their Croke Park coaching budget for the last fiscal year by half a million euro. Cork is reaping what they have sown.'

Who's willing to defend KOD now?

He was originally over all the development himself as head GDA before moving up the ranks and the 'CEO' himself has now underspent half a million? How does a former GDA underspend when he should know full well the issues faced. And now trying to make development post primary based where 90% of schools have never seen a GDA before as article states.

Interesting I called KOD a bluffer and said he's more interested in having an ego and title of CEO last week and faced criticism for it.
Interesting article I copied over from another thread.

'My neighbours Cork are also mired in deep trouble at the foot of Division 2.
Their problems have not happened overnight. I taught in a Cork post-primary school for three decades and never once did a GAA coach from the county board cross the threshold
My colleague Seán McGoldrick reported in the Sunday World last Sunday that Cork underspent their Croke Park coaching budget for the last fiscal year by half a million euro. Cork is reaping what they have sown.'

Who's willing to defend KOD now?

He was originally over all the development himself as head GDA before moving up the ranks and the 'CEO' himself has now underspent half a million? How does a former GDA underspend when he should know full well the issues faced. And now trying to make development post primary based where 90% of schools have never seen a GDA before as article states.
He retired from teaching in 2012. KOD is not perfect but let’s not forget that Frank was in charge up until 5 years ago and left a colossal debt behind for KOD to address.

Nope you said amongst other things that he created the title for himself when in fact he didn't. Stop bullshitting.
Everyone can pile on I stand by comments, if Kevin O Donavan was just Secretary or just CEO there be no issue.
He gave himself the title as well. Ego.

He retired from teaching in 2012. KOD is not perfect but let’s not forget that Frank was in charge up until 5 years ago and left a colossal debt behind for KOD to address.
And that's valid reply but why was half a million underspent on coaching and development in the last fiscal years when people have already be raising concerns with development and the structures etc?
This is the Croke Park coaching budget too that Cork GAA should not be pocketing or putting towards the debt.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

26th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼