The County Board Complaints Thread

Does Frank Need To Go

• Total voters
The issue is ,
I could be wrong but I do think there was shuttle buses in the past?
Outside of shuttle buses you have the 202 serves Ballintemple with stops at the Venue/Longboats.
Grand easy stroll down then.
The 215 is it? Stops by PUR so again a grand stroll.
A stroll , Jesus if you get out there you could literally Jump into the stadium! Jesus Lads, the walk from town is literally 20 mins!

Gaelic grounds & thurles are no better than PUC on big match days. Whatever it is Cork attracts bad press no matter what they do. Anthony Daly and his Clare muppets won’t travel anywhere in numbers unless it’s Gaelic grounds.
Took the train last year for the first time ever, 40 minute walk and some amount of pubs on route.

The issue is ,

A stroll , Jesus if you get out there you could literally Jump into the stadium! Jesus Lads, the walk from town is literally 20 mins!
It should never have been revamped
Should have been moved to a more central location,
Co board are autocrats
Proofs on the field ref our inexcusable lost years in the wilderness without a Liam or Sam,
Grassroots means F all in Cork city or county ,
No say whatsoever,
Co board have to be the most inept group of ego maniacs in tbe country,
Wouldn’t survive 2/3 years in Ulster,
Neck of the cunts railroading the SuperValu park effort tells you exactly what they think of grassroots Cork GAA supporters
I

The issue is ,

There's nothing better than the stroll in my opinion.
Few pints in Goldbergs/Idle Hour, get a take away cup for the walk and it's not long passing.
Good atmosphere the whole way up.

Last season I did The Venue as they were doing food and would always get a seat/table.
Shorter walk down as well

Co board are autocrats
Proofs on the field ref our inexcusable lost years in the wilderness without a Liam or Sam,
No say whatsoever,
Neck of the cunts railroading the SuperValu park effort tells you exactly what they think of grassroots Cork GAA supporters
I
Grandpa Simpson with his usual ill informed tripe, keep shaking that fist below in Turners Cross, ya ape. :lol!:

Co board are autocrats
No say whatsoever,
I
Sweet Jesus, imagine being in the County Board , trying to run teams and source multiple revenue streams in order to stay afloat and you have to listen to this complete meandering Shite.

Kerry Leen broaching the future of Páirc Uí Rinn in the Examiner today. Conversation worth having in my opinion.

Would it be better to sell it and build a Centre of Excellence somewhere? We’re going to need one eventually.

Kerry Leen broaching the future of Páirc Uí Rinn in the Examiner today. Conversation worth having in my opinion.

Would it be better to sell it and build a Centre of Excellence somewhere? We’re going to need one eventually.
I'm not sure how I feel about it.
I've yet to read Leen's article but going on the information already out there and the CCB Spin on it has me thinking.
This bus connects/cycle lane and no match day parking is a cop out I feel. It's more of less the same argument of PUC.
I think PUR is perfect venue for our club games along with minor and U21 finals etc. Moving these game to PUC would take from the atmosphere etc, 2,000 people in PUR looks and feels much better than 2,000 in PUC.

As for centre of excellence I believe PUR could be developed as it. The rumours are after Cork Con sold land for housing development they were looking at selling the other back field that's a back of the seating stand of PUR. We don't have the money now as we're aware but if we bought the land and built a high performance facility there and then you have the perfect pitch right next to it.

Selling PUR and hope of finding another plot of land at the price we get is risky ontop of then developing said land.

I'm not sure how I feel about it.
I've yet to read Leen's article but going on the information already out there and the CCB Spin on it has me thinking.
This bus connects/cycle lane and no match day parking is a cop out I feel. It's more of less the same argument of PUC.
I think PUR is perfect venue for our club games along with minor and U21 finals etc. Moving these game to PUC would take from the atmosphere etc, 2,000 people in PUR looks and feels much better than 2,000 in PUC.

As for centre of excellence I believe PUR could be developed as it. The rumours are after Cork Con sold land for housing development they were looking at selling the other back field that's a back of the seating stand of PUR. We don't have the money now as we're aware but if we bought the land and built a high performance facility there and then you have the perfect pitch right next to it.

Selling PUR and hope of finding another plot of land at the price we get is risky ontop of then developing said land.
If it was done it’d need to be conditional on a new site having planning etc

If it was done it’d need to be conditional on a new site having planning etc
Just read Leen's article, I jumped the gun slightly.

Con's proposed move that never happened.
If they did it would tie in well with bus connects plans.
An ideal world from my opinion would be CCB invest in Con. Sell necessary land in Ballintemple to Bus Connects. Use land of Con as bus/car park. Build 1 story high performance facility.
This high performance facility could also bring in commercial income.
Pathway into PUR.
Munster Championship games the lads all meet there do whatever they have to do and bus down PUC then.

Again this is all an ideal world as would be cheaper than a full relocation and a full rebuild however might not be possible due to Con not moving and pending planning permission.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

15th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Funny Fridays Special

City Limits, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼