The Compilation Tape Thread

You can make one up just for the PROC, or you can be lazy (like me) and just list one you already made for someone.

I LOVE compilation tapes. Making them, getting them, etc.

By the way, no putting up YouTube videos without saying the name of the song. That drives me shagging bananas.

Here's one I made for my Yank friend recently. This is a "getting to know you" sort of compilation, where there isn't any theme except "stuff I listen to". I suppose the only other thing is that a lot of it is European/Irish/British stuff, because the American music I listen to, he'd already know it all.

CSS - Music is my hot, hot sex
David Bowie - Queen Bitch
The Ting Tings- That's Not My Name*
M.I.A. - Boyz
British Sea Power - Fear of Drowning
Mew - Am I Wry? No
Leonard Cohen - I'm Your Man
Pulp - This is Hardcore
Maxine Brown - Oh No, Not My Baby
The Roots - The Seed (2.0)
The Pogues - A Rainy Night In Soho
Randy Newman - I Think It's Going To Rain Today
Boa Morte - Tired Eyes
The Flaming Lips - A Spoonful Weighs A Ton
Sinead O'Connor - The Parting Glass
Portishead - Deep Water

* Sorry, I like it. I suck, I know. He'll probably hate it, but that's another story.

i'm in the middle of making three compilations. one's a hip-hop/ska/reggae, one's old soul, to add to my other excellent soul compilations. the third is just for my current mood, so the less said the better.

i'm keeping the track listings to myself. not having the proc rob my work

Leonard Cohen-So Long Marianne

Bob Dylan-Visions of Johanna

The Roots-You Got me

Nas-Get Down

De La Soul-Break A Dawn

Buddy Guy ft John Mayer-Feels Like Rain

Neil Young-Old Man

The Band-The Weight

Pearl Jam-Love Reign O'er Me

they're all going on cd now, i'll send you a copy.

do you still have the first one, 'brotha' by angie stone was on it? i've lost it and have no idea what else was on it

I definitely still have it, but it's at home, and I'd have to listen to remember what was on it.

Songs I remember from the two of them were Want Ad and You Don't Miss Your Water. I loved them all, but those ones just come to mind now. I had never heard either of them before.

Nice list, Dog.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Please! Club Night

The Pavilion, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼