The Action Plan for Housing.

Its 114 pages of absolute waffle.

Much like the current governments programme for government document.

It singularly fails to address the main problem at the moment which is that house building costs are exorbitant in Ireland. This is in no small part thanks to the government.

I feel for Coveney to be honest.
Enda has taken him out politically as its a no win brief.

I could describe in detail how they intend to deliver this, I would personally deliver it differently.. but all it would generate is another loud-hailer type response from you

read it for yourself CollapseY, formulate an opinion

I can't download the pdf in work honkY, would appreciate a brief summary of the plan. Obviously Dublin will get the lions share but what's the breakdown like in terms of numbers?
Where will these be built, new developement land? regeneration? City based or rural villages without the services to cope with a massive burst of houses like we saw during the boomy times?

I can't download the pdf in work honkY, would appreciate a brief summary of the plan. Obviously Dublin will get the lions share but what's the breakdown like in terms of numbers?
Where will these be built, new developement land? regeneration? City based or rural villages without the services to cope with a massive burst of houses like we saw during the boomy times?

What I am determined not to do is to build tens of thousands of social houses in the same areas in cities. Historically, in Cork, we have built the vast majority of social housing on the north side of the city and the vast majority of the private houses are on the south side of the city.”

“I don’t want to create segregation between social housing and private housing in a way that we have seen in the past.”

wah wah wah waaaaaaaahh

Christ above :rolleyes:

it's fine..it's our secret.
just look cool okay.
face-with-tears-of-joy.png

Its 114 pages of absolute waffle.

Much like the current governments programme for government document.

It singularly fails to address the main problem at the moment which is that house building costs are exorbitant in Ireland. This is in no small part thanks to the government.

I feel for Coveney to be honest.
Enda has taken him out politically as its a no win brief.

Assuming you are talking about new housing - the NTMA are going to build huge sections of this plan via a PPP tender after planning/developed design is complete. I would say this has a decent chance of delivering good value and good design

he hasnt read it
face-with-tears-of-joy.png

Its quite literally a mixture of the lot - they are utilising all govt owned sites for a start so the package I have seen was for Leinster and included sites in Dublin, Naas, Louth and Wicklow. 500 units across those sites ranging from rural villages to dublin suburbs. The city centre in Dublin has a separate framework and they have already let the first few schemes, they were literally bang in the middle of the city. The emergency housing is on the lowest cost sites, Ballymun etc

The plan has other measures for vacant buildings although Ive seen nothing of this in reality

Edit - forgot, they will be setting up a housing delivery office however that will work - sounds just like another juicy quango to me, and large housing projects may be able to go straight to ABP which is interesting and terrifying all at once!

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

5th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Dirty Circus

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼