Supreme Court goes Woke

The Supreme court has decided that the Minister for Social protection that the practice of of denying a widower pension to a person who was not in a marriage or civil partnership is discrimination.
Are they out of their minds . In a case of a man or woman being together one dies and then the other gets a. Pension then one of them lives with someone else one of them does and they get another pension.
It reminds me of the case in the UK where a Muslim guy in Finsbury is getting 14 allowances for his wives.
The Supreme court just bowed to to pressure from the woke brigade and wanted to be seen to be liberal.
They also wanted to take a shot at politicians who they feel are interfering in appointments

The Supreme court has decided that the Minister for Social protection that the practice of of denying a widower pension to a person who was not in a marriage or civil partnership is discrimination.
Are they out of their minds . In a case of a man or woman being together one dies and then the other gets a. Pension then one of them lives with someone else one of them does and they get another pension.
It reminds me of the case in the UK where a Muslim guy in Finsbury is getting 14 allowances for his wives.
The Supreme court just bowed to to pressure from the woke brigade and wanted to be seen to be liberal.
They also wanted to take a shot at politicians who they feel are interfering in appointments
Needs a link, since the only thing I can find online in the last few days is someone in Tipperary who is suing for this but who has not yet won in a case where he cohabited for 20 years with a women and had three children by her.

While you’re at it, toss in a link for your imaginary Muslim with 14 wives.

It must take some amount of mental gymnastics to view so many debates, issues etc. through the lens of woke v. unwoke

Have a rest pal, it's a fairly interesting constitutional question if you're into that sort of thing 🤓

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

22nd May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Girlfriend

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼