Sportsperson you'd like to see achieve their goal??

For me it has to be Jelena Jankovic. Remarkable run of consistency through the years. First woman (and only i think) to reach No.1 without having reached a Grand Slam final. That alone is some achievement!

She's been in four GS semi's and one GS final losing to Serena Williams in 2008. She's 26 now so time is running out....i know yeah 26 for fawk sake.

jelena_jankovic_stuttgart.jpg

Katie for me as well.
Honourable mentions for Joe Canning, Nicholas Roche and Given/Dunne/Duff (1/4 finals at least)

anyone see the documentary about the two lads rowing across the pacific? serious shit. one guy went completely mental after a few weeks and was talking to himself. the boat was tiny.

anyway, after an epic few weeks of fighting, rowing, storms and sickness they were approaching the US coast when they got hit by a massive tanker, boat was totalled and their attempt failed. one guy almost drowned.

i'd like to see them do it again and finish it.

anyone see the documentary about the two lads rowing across the pacific? serious shit. one guy went completely mental after a few weeks and was talking to himself. the boat was tiny.

anyway, after an epic few weeks of fighting, rowing, storms and sickness they were approaching the US coast when they got hit by a massive tanker, boat was totalled and their attempt failed. one guy almost drowned.

i'd like to see them do it again and finish it.

How did they manage to crash into a tanker in the middle of the ocean?

For me it has to be Jelena Jankovic. Remarkable run of consistency through the years. First woman (and only i think) to reach No.1 without having reached a Grand Slam final. That alone is some achievement!

She's been in four GS semi's and one GS final losing to Serena Williams in 2008. She's 26 now so time is running out....i know yeah 26 for fawk sake.

jelena_jankovic_stuttgart.jpg
sounds like a serial bottler

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Sweet East (NC)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

1st May 2024 @ 6:00 pm
More info..

Jimmy Lee

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 9:30pm

More events ▼