Sky box problem: "no listings available"

I'm looking for some advice on a Sky box-related problem. Basically, the tv listings stop showing up after next Wednesday night at 9pm, with every channel time-slot thereafter just showing "no listings available". Everything looks fine between now and then, but nothing after that point, and any series link recordings aren't showing up for after that point. Given that the 'problem' moment is almost a week away, maybe it'll fix itself, but it seems odd at best.

The peculiar things is that I noticed the problem last night (Wednesday) at about 9pm, the very time that the listings appeared to stop updating one week ahead. It seems like a bit of a coincidence that I would click forward 7 days on the listings and just happen to find this problem, but neither does it seem very likely that clicking forward 7 days would somehow cause the problem. At first, I assumed I had hit that threshold whereby Sky only show listings 7 days in advance, but when I looked at it this morning before leaving home, it still hadn't updated beyond the Wednesday 9pm point.

Any ideas/thoughts/suggestions would be much appreciated!

Sky boxes only show the next 7 days listings and don't show series link options beyond that point either.

It's strange that the listings haven't moved forward since last night.

You could try power-cycling the box to see if it does anything for you. Or else turn off the box, remove the card, turn it on and insert the card when prompted.

Try the quicker power-cycle option first.

Could be a simple case of Sky updating their firmware or something requiring a system reboot from your end to initialise the upgrade.

Unplug your box at the wall socket and wait for at least 3 minutes.

Then, put the plug back into the socket and press the power button on your box (if it doesn't automatically switch itself on).

Give the box a few seconds to update itself and it should probably start up at Channel 998 (how to use your sky box).

That should sort any update problems that the box is experiencing.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Riki Matsuda: Happy Hour

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 2pm

More events ▼