Sinn Fein in Government.

This is a standard SF/IRA deflection from the fact that they unwilling to confront the contain many members who are currently convicted & un-convicted murderers and paedos. And that includes the psychopath who leads them, someone who at the very least ordered the execution of a mother of ten children, though it could be hundreds of people more. That's how we can single a particular party.

Obviously you got more evidence to back that than the PSNI have. ;) ;)

What's the problem with discussing SF against the "standards" of the other parties available to the electorate to form a Govt with SF?

It does seem, indeed as others have pointed out, that you just want to SF bash. As I say, it's rather hypocritical to zero in on just one party and castigate them without any comparisson to their peers.

Why didn't you just start a thread called "Exclusively Sinn Féin Bashing" if, as seems to be the case here, you wish to restrict yourself and others to that.

This is extraordinarily silly, and you must realise that. This is a thread on SF. When I came along, the discussion had moved to SF and its poll standing. I commented on this. Lest there be any uncertainty, I will add my first 2 posts here:
Ah that's just silly. The idea of SF being 'hammered out of sight' in the forthcoming election is risible.
I am not at all convinced there are grounds for SF to move much further than where they are now, and there are a number of reasons for that:

1) The very hierarchical (dare I say militaristic) nature of the organization itself; centralism and discipline need not be bad things in a party, but the omertà on sex abuse and so on reflects poorly to say the least. The silence (aside from unofficial briefing of journalists) on the process leading to the expulsion and suspension of councillors in Cork County Council, and the use of terms like 'stood down' in relation to local cummain, adds to the dubious aroma.
2) The historical legacy of political violence. Most voters are old enough to remember the PIRA campaign, kids being killed in explosions etc. This has never been disowned or condemned by SF. Many people who might be sympathetic to SF's publicly avowed policies would not vote for the provos' public face.
3) The history of the party means it has grown from ultra-nationalist elements rather than community and campaigning groups, so it is hard to know exactly what its base represents (or indeed believes or wants) at this point
4) Its preparedness to leap into d'Hondt arrangements with whoever bats the eyelids at them, with a view to securing feudal chains of office for 2016 - combined with a readiness to enter more developed agreements with the hated Labour Party on the sharing out of council jobs http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...secret-deal-on-top-council-jobs-31336634.html - makes them look as venal as the rest.
5) Even if a choice was made by (or for) Grizzly that he step down as leader, who would really believe that MLM, Doherty, or whoever replaced him, was not answerable to an unelected army council?

Now, you might not like what I say here - indeed it is clear that you do not. But you somehow mutate this into 'SF-bashing'. This seems, on the basis of this thread, to be an agreed approach among SF supporters and/or members, to all criticism or less-than-glowing comment on SF.

The insistence that I should discuss SF not on the basis of their own actions, but rather in comparison to those of other parties and people, is a transparent attempt to avoid discussing the points I have made.

If you value your dignity, you will stop this now. It embarrasses you and SF.

the discussion is about SF today, and why people might not vote for it.

The role of the RCC is well established and condemned by most if not all. If the RCC were to run for election it would be a good reason to oppose it. Wouldn't you agree?

The church wasn't elected of course, they were put into positions of extreme powerby ff/FG -and labour governments. But decent people wouldn't turn a blind eye no? How long should SF wait before they are allowed to run?

sloblock you evidently have no interest in discussing political parties in general in Ireland or even in Government (as is in the title of the thread you insisted on pointing me at).

Your agenda is clear - you just want to focus in on the faults and failings (all parties have them) of Sinn Fein party while ignoring the shortcomings of others. If you want to carry on in such an infantile unrealistic fashion knock yerself out fellah. :)

sloblock you evidently have no interest in discussing political parties in general in Ireland or even in Government (as is in the title of the thread you insisted on pointing me at).

Your agenda is clear - you just want to focus in on the faults and failings (all parties have them) of Sinn Fein party while ignoring the shortcomings of others. If you want to carry on in such an infantile unrealistic fashion knock yerself out fellah. :)

Wud ye be a dyed in the wool Shinner Roundy ?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼