Sinn Fein are not a Normal Political Party

Thankfully the jury that convicted him of murder and the judge who handed him down a life sentence saw it otherwise.

Accidental and reckless 🙄, IOTY22 sewn up.

I think you'll find the eventual conviction was not for murder, but was in fact for manslaughter.

He intended to burn the premises and an incendiary device was used which caused a fire, and it was reckless. Had he intended to kill the lady in question an incendiary device wouldn't have been used, but rather some kind of explosive with shrapnel/metal casing. His victim alas is nonetheless dead due to his recklessness. Hence a judgement of Manslaughter, not Murder.

I think you'll find the eventual conviction was not for murder, but was in fact for manslaughter.

He intended to burn the premises and an incendiary device was used which caused a fire, and it was reckless. Had he intended to kill the lady in question an incendiary device wouldn't have been used, but rather some kind of explosive with shrapnel/metal casing. His victim alas is nonetheless dead due to his recklessness. Hence a judgement of Manslaughter, not Murder.

He was convicted of murder.

McElwee was sentenced to 20 years for possession of explosives and the murder of Yvonne Dunlop,
a 26-year old Protestant mother of three boys helping out in her father’s Alley Katz boutique. She was checking a shopping bag left by two girls, one of them McElwee’s girlfriend Dolores O’Neill, when a bomb went off leaving her just time enough to shout a warning to her nine-year-old.

He survived, but his mother was burned alive.

On appeal his conviction was changed to manslaughter but the sentence remained.

Sinn Fein's crass tribute to McElwee ignored Yvonne Dunlop, her story matters: it must not be erased. Another life snuffed out by the ideology of hate that Sinn Fein seek to sanitise and celebrate.

He was convicted of murder.
McElwee was sentenced to 20 years for possession of explosives and the murder of Yvonne Dunlop,
a 26-year old Protestant mother of three boys helping out in her father’s Alley Katz boutique. She was checking a shopping bag left by two girls, one of them McElwee’s girlfriend Dolores O’Neill, when a bomb went off leaving her just time enough to shout a warning to her nine-year-old.
He survived, but his mother was burned alive.
On appeal his conviction was changed to manslaughter but the sentence remained.

Sinn Fein's crass tribute to McElwee ignored Yvonne Dunlop, her story matters: it must not be erased. Another life snuffed out by the ideology of hate that Sinn Fein seek to sanitise and celebrate.

Thanks very much for getting there in the end and proving my point. It was Manslaughter rather than Murder.

He was convicted of the murder of Yvonne Dunlop.

I know ye Shinners don't like to mention victim's names. Better to dehumanise them.

That conviction was overturned and he was convicted of Manslaughter of Yvonne Dunlop subsequently. Manslaughter is what he was (eventually) found guilty of, because what he did wasn't murder. It was an unintentional killing of Yvonne Dunlop. Taking her life was not the intention. But as I say, it was reckless endangerment of her life which she (Yvonne Dunlop) unfortunately lost.

I know you and your ilk don't like to mention the facts.

Cyclops put a firebomb in a shop that was occupied with no regard for human life, your defense of him is hilarious but shur you have form there. Any one with half a brain knows the effect of standing next to a firebomb when it explodes.

There was a crowd selling Parachute regiment tee shirts in Derry at the weekend, depressing to still see such hatred
on both sides,
This is why those championing a United and a border poll will not get what they want as this State cannot afford to police any future sectarian war between these tribal bigoted savages.

Vote "No" to save the Republic as this shower get too much attention as it is.

That conviction was overturned and he was convicted of Manslaughter of Yvonne Dunlop subsequently. Manslaughter is what he was (eventually) found guilty of, because what he did wasn't murder. It was an unintentional killing of Yvonne Dunlop. Taking her life was not the intention. But as I say, it was reckless endangerment of her life which she (Yvonne Dunlop) unfortunately lost.

I know you and your ilk don't like to mention the facts.
Enough of your usual weasel semantics.

Your Republican savage hero was jailed for a firebomb which burned a young mother-of-three to death. McElwee was sentenced to 20 years for possession of explosives and the murder of Yvonne Dunlop, a 26-year-old mum burnt alive in front of her 9 year old son when one of the firebombs destroyed her clothes shop.

You and your bloodthirsty violence worshippers in Sinn Fein worship the killer.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Ian Richards

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼