Sinn Fein are not a Normal Political Party

Another U turn

Do you think the Hate Speech bill in its current form is a good one 68? Or is it just you can't miss the opportunity to try have a pop at SF?

Do you think poor legislation should go through the Dail no matter what, or do you think a party(ies) have a right to change their mind on how a Bill is received whether or not their concerns are taken on board?

Good man DTL, answer a question with a question - you seem to have been reared by kirrymen. :cool:

I think the proposed wording, at least the wording I saw, is far too vague and could be construed to cover an amount of things that are more criticism than actual hate.

Even FG TDs are said to be trying to back away from it.

And given the unholy mess that was the Rotten Roddy's wording for his referendum the last thing this government needs is to nail its colours to the mast on something that is poorly worded.

Now DTL - have you full confidence in the Hate Speech Bill in its current format?

Do you think the Hate Speech bill in its current form is a good one 68? Or is it just you can't miss the opportunity to try have a pop at SF?
Do you think poor legislation should go through the Dail no matter what, or do you think a party(ies) have a right to change their mind on how a Bill is received whether or not their concerns are taken on board?
No..i am against it from the word go Provos only changed when the saw the way the wind was blowing Nothing new for them

No..i am against it from the word go Provos only changed when the saw the way the wind was blowing Nothing new for them

A bit like the Referendums the wording is bollox and once people checked more deeply the actual wording being progressed, irrespective of input of other parties, then it's no wonder that they're not going to support it.

You seem to have a major bee in your bonnet about SF 68 - would you have preferred if they stuck doggedly to supporting the HS bill even after their ammendments were ignored?

Who now in your opinion are the villains of the piece - SF (the Provos to you) who have tried to have a better worded HS Bill but are now against the one being progressed, or GFFG who are ploughing ahead ignoring the input from other parties?

A bit like the Referendums the wording is bollox and once people checked more deeply the actual wording being progressed, irrespective of input of other parties, then it's no wonder that they're not going to support it.

You seem to have a major bee in your bonnet about SF 68 - would you have preferred if they stuck doggedly to supporting the HS bill even after their ammendments were ignored?

Who now in your opinion are the villains of the piece - SF (the Provos to you) who have tried to have a better worded HS Bill but are now against the one being progressed, or GFFG who are ploughing ahead ignoring the input from other parties?
Dont really care what ye do.
Just find your stance on most things puke.
Adams,Morrison,Kelly all backed Freddy Scapp to the hilt for years...knowing what he was.When truth came out changed again.
You dont know these...I do

Dont really care what ye do.
Just find your stance on most things puke.

Adams,Morrison,Kelly all backed Freddy Scapp to the hilt for years...knowing what he was.When truth came out changed again.
You dont know these...I do

Aren't those first two sentences more than a bit contradictory?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Houseplants
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

24th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Kidnapped (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 5:30pm

More events ▼