Sheilas Hostel.

Loads of visiting foreigners too.

Typical hostel fare.

I've directed a few backpackers there in my time, poor fuckers. I'm nearly embarrassed to have heard of the place. I accompanied an American girl back there one night that I had met in the Franciscan Well. Turned out she just wanted someone to show her where the hotel was, rather than ride me. :(

That Brú looks like the place to go if you're a backpacker in Cork. We need somewhere nice, I've stayed in amazing hostels all over the world in my adventurous youth, and I can't think of anywhere in Cork that fits the bill.

As far as I know Clancys has planning approved to be turned into a hostel? Odd location, backpackers like to be near bus/train stations and supermarkets. You'd think a prime location just off the South Mall would have a far greater income potential than a hostel.

I don't know how anyone over the age of around 20 can stay in a hostel especially women. Manky fucking places with no privacy and no idea how many potentially mentally unstable people you could be sharing a room with. Hotels are a rip off these days but i would still rather pay the extra money for my own private room.

I don't know how anyone over the age of around 20 can stay in a hostel especially women. Manky fucking places with no privacy and no idea how many potentially mentally unstable people you could be sharing a room with. Hotels are a rip off these days but i would still rather pay the extra money for my own private room.

I had to do it when backpacking.
You get used to it.
No way could I afford hotels for 15 months.
There were some nutters alright(Not me).

Remember staying in a hostel in Germany and ended up banging one of the staff. Those krauts are down for anything.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Days Of Trees (16)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼