Sheilas Hostel.

I had to do it when backpacking.
You get used to it.
No way could I afford hotels for 15 months.
There were some nutters alright(Not me).

..gilly, in my younger days did some backpacking like yourself....not sure there were too many nutters but you still need your wits about you, if it walks like a duck and all that....with not that much spondoolacks about you it's still a grand way to travel..and meet some grand people... would suggest/support.

I went there with my friends and it was incredibly fun spending my time with them. Not to mention that some of the staff (especially a nice lady) were nice and someone put my blue hat on a couch, otherwise it would have been lost (thanks). Our room also had an en-suite bathroom, including a shower (with hot water) and a wc. Wifi has password but it is free on your phone. The radiators kept (some) common rooms very warm.
And...that's basically it.
Now, into the problems.
1) My room (210) had a window open. I asked the reception to close it and I gave them the number. They DID NOT close it, saying that they should have climbed on someone's bed. What happened was that I got a cold. So thanks a million reception guys for NOT listening to my complaint. I am sorry but that was very unprofessional and low of you.
2) The beds were comfortable to a certain degree. The person (not revealing their gender) in the upper bed was killing me at 3 am because they couldn't stop moving and that hurt my body a lot. The bathroom was stinky and the shower uncomfortable to use. No space to hang up your new clothes, you had to put them in the sink and they were already a bit dirty and wet after the shower. Annoying.
3) Some guys around the hostels were creepy and unkempt, like they have been there for ages. Sadly, a guy in my room (he was our age) was doing creepy things on the computer so I didn't go straight to bed on my second (and last) night, but I stayed on the couch downstairs, hugging my bag. I was too tired to go out that night, which would have been my place had I not be too tired.
4) Bathroom door couldn't be locked so I caught the creepy guy sitting on the toilet. Ugh.
5) One common toilet had a huge cr@p which wasn't flushed down. I didn't sit on common toilets not even once.
6) Breakfast was so poor, especially for those who are lactose intolerant.
7) Old furniture, old couches, filthy kitchen.
8) Badge card was difficult to use at times (just a minor complaint though).
Overall, if it weren't for my friends, I would have felt extremely unsafe. Not a place for girls, women or old ladies!

Lol.

Im amazed by some of the good reviews I even overhead about staff making up false names and placing on google reviews trip advisor etc. This place is rat infested even saw rats in the bathrooms yes its cheap but you get what you paid for. Some people were so dissappointed that they set up tent outside on the greens as the place was so dirty inside the Hotels

Anyone used the micro-sleeper hotel on Macurtain street?

No but the bar looks mega.

I have stayed in literally hundreds of hostels around Europe, and I've never encountered anywhere as bad as Sheila's. Do we have any decent trendy hostels?

You'd be embarrassed to send a tourist up to Sheila's like. What an impression of our city.

No but the bar looks mega.

I have stayed in literally hundreds of hostels around Europe, and I've never encountered anywhere as bad as Sheila's. Do we have any decent trendy hostels?

You'd be embarrassed to send a tourist up to Sheila's like. What an impression of our city.

Worst hostel I ever stayed in was in London.
A mouse was wandering around by my luggage in the room, when I complained, the receptionist said, “Oh, he’s back”.

I also complained about getting severely bitten by “bedbugs” in a hostel in Brisbane.
Think it was called the elephant.
The receptionist corrected me and said it was actually “pigeon lice”. 😂

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Camilla Griehsel's Mamasongue
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

12th May 2024 @ 5:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼