Schools Hurling 2021/22

Rocco beat Charleville by 2 goals 3-11 to 1-11 in b final on 4g pitch last Saturday..Didnt have a program but both keepers were very good and the Rocco full forward was also excellent.

bluesball

What did you think of the performances of Kevin Lyons and Mark Riordan marking each other centre-back and centre-forward respectively? I believe Lyons went off injured around the half way mark. We should see both involved in this years U-20 Inter-county championship and who knows they could be marking each other again.

The Charleville CBS 'keeper is Kieran Murphy who was correctly talked up a lot for his outstanding minor performances as a forward and free taker for Shandrum in last year's Premier Minor 2 Hurling Championship. I thought he'd make this years minor panel for his versatility alone but I don't think the Cork minor management looked at him as a'keeper. I heard he was dropped from the panel after being looked at as a forward, raw pace is the one ingredient he lacks to make it in attack at this level, though a lovely hurler.

Rocco's Ross Browne is another excellent 'keeper and gave an exhibition for Blackrock although on the losing side v Glen Rovers in last years County U-18 final.

The Rocco full-forward according to the report on De Newspaper is Conor O'Donovan, I can't recall seeing him playing before but may have at juvenile.

O'Donovan at FF was very impressive. Some size of a young man. Buckley and Lyons were stand out performers, I thought Lyons definitely got the better of the duel with Riordan. When he went of injured with 20 minutes to go I thought Charleville had a great chance. Brady at half back for Rocco was also very good.

I was surprised to hear Murphy was dropped from the minor panel. Interesting that Charleville used him as a goalkeeper. Rocco goalkeeper's distribution was very good.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Regan
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

14th Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Indie/Folk Music

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼