Ryanair Landings

BBJ

Last night, I travelled from Manchester to Dublin on Ryanair and it was my thirteenth flight this year. Twelve of them have been on Ryanair and the other was on SAS. I don't have too many grumbles with Mr O'Leary's carrier - it's inexpensive and usually punctual (although last night was an exception), but I do have a question.
Why is it that Ryanair landings are, let us say, almost inevitably much less smooth than those of other airlines? Last night's was round about regular for them - ie it loosened all my fillings but the previous couple were, frankly, a bit scary.
On the Dublin/Manchester flight the other day, the plane actually bounced. It came down with a thud, then went up again, and finally the wheels attached themselves to the tarmac with another resounding bang.
Three weeks ago, the impact was so violent that I wondered if the landing gear was about to detatch itself, especially as we swerved to one side before straightening out.

Ryanair might be using a landing technique known as "green approach" which is touted as "greener" but in reality burns less fuel.

In this method the pilot doesnt make thrust and altitude levelling adjustments but comes down in a straight quicker glide path.

The technique was pioneeerd by SAS but maybe they are doung some adjustments in the final few meters that ryanair or not.

Do ryan air still play the "Da de dah de dah" type fox hunt bugle sound after a successful "on time" landing?

Expected flight time - 1 hour
Ryan Air scheduled flight time - 1 hour 20 minutes
So even if Ryan Air land 15 minutes later than they really should they give themselves a pat on the back for being on or ahead of time :roll:

Last night, I travelled from Manchester to Dublin on Ryanair and it was my thirteenth flight this year. Twelve of them have been on Ryanair and the other was on SAS. I don't have too many grumbles with Mr O'Leary's carrier - it's inexpensive and usually punctual (although last night was an exception), but I do have a question.
Why is it that Ryanair landings are, let us say, almost inevitably much less smooth than those of other airlines? Last night's was round about regular for them - ie it loosened all my fillings but the previous couple were, frankly, a bit scary.
On the Dublin/Manchester flight the other day, the plane actually bounced. It came down with a thud, then went up again, and finally the wheels attached themselves to the tarmac with another resounding bang.
Three weeks ago, the impact was so violent that I wondered if the landing gear was about to detatch itself, especially as we swerved to one side before straightening out.

You need to click the "greaser" landing button when booking.

For a nominal 20 snots.

The "green approach" kind of makes sense when you consider Ryanair's emphasis on keeping costs to a minimum.
But I wonder might it be a case of saving money on fuel but having to spend more on maintaining the landing gear?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Randy Feltface
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

17th Jul 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

The Sweet East (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 2pm

More events ▼