Russia's unjustifiable war of aggression in Ukraine

This is sad.

I studied Russian in high school for four years and became very attached to its culture. I subscribed to Komosomolskaya Pravda and then to Pravda and also to Krokodil. I sent letters to the editor to Pravda and actually got replies (and notes from my own government telling me that they were watching all of this). At Easter (that is, Orthodox Easter), I used to go to various Russian Orthodox churches to attend services and I got to know them fairly well. I have studied Russian (especially Soviet) history at an advanced level and I have a number of graduate level courses on Marxism under my belt.

I admire Russians very much. (The ones I’ve known, and I have known many at this point) were crazy, but in a good way. When communism fell I was very optimistic about Russia. My Russian was still good enough for reading and the stuff coming out of Russia was as original and interesting as what came out of Russia in the 1920’s.

But in the midst of the massive theft of state property there had to emerge shitheads who tried to put the toothpaste back into the tube by repressing (and killing) those of democratic inclinations who could have made Russia as great as it deserves to be. They are a great, dynamic, original people. The fact they are crushed under a narcissistist dictator is, hopefully, beside the point. I have been studying them now for over fifty years and I can honestly say that I love them. And it breaks my heart that the shitheads are once again in charge.

So if anyone thinks I’m a Russophobe, they are wrong. It’s just that I hate, really hate, what the oligarchs have done to them.

Also, for Silky and the bots, fuck you.

Last edited:
When we vote, we go to the judge’s desk. On the desk is a large ledger that has the names, addresses, and signatures of every voter. We tell the judge who we are and where we live. They find us on the ledger. We sign our name and take a ballot. I’ll bet you can even do it.
I'm sorry, but that system is a joke.

ID should be a requirement to vote, just issue an ID to 18 year olds and make it their responsibility to replace it when it's lost.

I'm sorry, but that system is a joke.

ID should be a requirement to vote, just issue an ID to 18 year olds and make it their responsibility to replace it when it's lost.
The problem is that ID’s are not always easy to get for the poor. I know that they should be, but they are not.

The problem is that ID’s are not always easy to get for the poor. I know that they should be, but they are not.
Yeah, so you give them to everyone when they turn 18.

It isn't that complicated at all.

It's also impossible to buy beer without ID in many party, poor people drink beer too, how do they manage that?

Yeah, so you give them to everyone when they turn 18.

It isn't that complicated at all.

It's also impossible to buy beer without ID in many party, poor people drink beer too, how do they manage that?
Why do you assume that they all do?

It’s complicated. To get an ID one has to travel to a place that issues them. Mine is 12 miles away so one needs a car. But to get one’s first ID, one needs to prove residence and citizenship. A birth certificate is another relatively expensive problem.

But here’s the thing. Trump and his ilk are claiming massive voter fraud on the basis of a bogus claim that if one doesn’t need a voter ID to vote, one can go to a polling place and vote as often as one wishes. I showed above that this can’t and doesn’t happen. There is no mass fraud. Period.

What fraud there is, is people voting both at an old address and a new address. When one moves, one is supposed to alert their election authority, but there is no penalty for not doing so, so most people don’t bother. This kind of fraud is very rare, because people would have to wait in line to vote at their current address polling place and then do it all over again at their old polling place in order to cast one additional vote. A few people get mailed each year for doing this (mostly Republicans as it happens) but that’s it.

I sent letters to the editor to Pravda and actually got replies (and notes from my own government telling me that they were watching all of this.
Lol...

Nobody thinks you're a Russophobe Doc.
It's the Proc, if someone says black others will argue white even though they know its black.
For the likes of me its educational.

You're a decent skin in my opinion.

Meantime in peace loving russia

I wonder would it have something to do with the Ukraine Nazis shelling, bombing and killing children in the Donbass for the past 10 years and still shelling and killing children in Belgorod up to the present day?

Naw, their parents probably brought them to see the display in Moscow. :lol!:

NATO Equipment display for May.jpg

NATO display.jpg

NATO display2.jpg

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Steve Hughes (Australia)
City Limits, Coburg St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Kidnapped (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 5:30pm

More events ▼