Russia's unjustifiable war of aggression in Ukraine

I do know they’re a people who are being oppressed by a life term tyrannical dictator.

Them bloody mAiNsTrEaM mEdIa
Oppressed, yikes they have a different political culture to us. Belarus has managed to managed to avoid war unlike US, France, Britain, German all were involved in war. Belarus was a major front during the second world war. Operation Bagration was even bigger than D-Day landings.

I know first hand, wanna chat?

Let's start with saying you know shit about it :) so ask me anything :)
I have been reading up on Belarus they have an intriguing past unlike us they did not have an opposition to their neighbours influence. The two went together. With Ireland and Britain we were Catholic and they were Protestant with Turkiye and Syria one was Sunni predomantly and the other Multidenominational. Well with Russia and Belarus both were Orthodox.

10 years ago, the Euromaidan revolution started in Kyiv Initially springing up against then-President Yanukovych’s foreign policy U-turn in the refusal to sign the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement (most likely on Putin's command) it grew into a protest against police violence and the corrupt regime itself. After the revolution won, Ukraine conducted reelections and EU integration reforms, while Russia reacted by launching its war against Ukraine in 2014.

108 civilian protesters, named the Heavenly Hundred, were killed by the governmental police during the Revolution of Dignity, which started ten years ago on 21 November 2023. But people's resilience resulted in the revolution's victory. The film “Winter on Fire” tells the story of those 93 days in Ukraine’s capital.

I have been reading up on Belarus they have an intriguing past unlike us they did not have an opposition to their neighbours influence. The two went together. With Ireland and Britain we were Catholic and they were Protestant with Turkiye and Syria one was Sunni predomantly and the other Multidenominational. Well with Russia and Belarus both were Orthodox.

You have zero knowledge on Belarus after reading what you just posted xD and your whataboutism attempt is cute :)

Start with what was red Ruthenia, white Ruthenia, and why it has nothing to do with Russia. Then you can gently move to the origins of the Belarusian flag (white-red-white) and what was the historical Lithuania and how it differs from Zmudia (current Lithuania) and it's culture. Then you can start learning what the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was and why russian boyars hated it so much :)

Happy reading!

After getting the basics you can dive into russification of Belarus in last 150 years. You seem to be excited on colonialism topic, so you may find it interesting how Russia did it (and keep on doing it).

PS. There is plenty of YouTube videos on it too ;)

Last edited:
You have zero knowledge on Belarus after reading what you just posted xD and your whataboutism attempt is cute :)

Start with what was red Ruthenia, white Ruthenia, and why it has nothing to do with Russia. Then you can gently move to the origins of the Belarusian flag (white-red-white) and what was the historical Lithuania and how it differs from Zmudia (current Lithuania) and it's culture. Then you can start learning what the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was and why russian boyars hated it so much :)

Happy reading!

After getting the basics you can dive into russification of Belarus in last 150 years. You seem to be excited on colonialism topic, so you may find it interesting how Russia did it (and keep on doing it).

PS. There is plenty of YouTube videos on it too ;)
Russia and Belarus are closely connected with each other but Belarus also had links with Poland and Lithuania.

Operation Bagration was a major push by the Soviets in the Belarusian front against the Nazis while the allies were busy with D-Day.

Belarus did well out of the Soviet Union and was industrualised during the period.

Oh and white red and white flag is the flag of the opposition the current Belarusian came about following the dissolution of the USSR

Russia and Belarus are closely connected with each other but Belarus also had links with Poland and Lithuania.

Operation Bagration was a major push by the Soviets in the Belarusian front against the Nazis while the allies were busy with D-Day.

Belarus did well out of the Soviet Union and was industrualised during the period.

Oh and white red and white flag is the flag of the opposition the current Belarusian came about following the dissolution of the USSR

oh-ok-ok.gif

especially 'the flag of opposition' I find cute.

Poor opposition, how they dare to protest against Lukashenka's regime and demanding having rights and free elections first time since last 30 years, damn them!

The white-red-white flag was used by the Belarusian People's Republic in 1918 before Belarus became a Soviet Republic, then by the Belarusian national movement in West Belarus followed by widespread unofficial use during the Nazi occupation of Belarus between 1942 and 1944, and again after it regained its independence in 1991 until the 1995 referendum

I wonder what you would produce on Pahonia symbol xDDD

1700586153103.png

How dare they?

belarus-protests-05-ap-jc-201204_1607116859741_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

106675419-1598265673283-gettyimages-1228167689-urn_newsml_dpa_com_20090101_200823-99-275925-2.jpeg

Belarus-_-2020-mass-protest.jpg

you are so full of shit that if you would travel back in time to the 30s of the XXc you could pick a side and either Goebbels or Stalin would give you the highest honors :ROFLMAO:

following your crooked logic, this is the only real Irish flag, before country was taken over by the opposition :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

1700586277973.png

edit: SilkY seriously, you have IOTY2023 secured long time ago, no need to push at the final stretch - relax xD

Last edited:
oh-ok-ok.gif

especially 'the flag of opposition' I find cute.

Poor opposition, how they dare to protest against Lukashenka's regime and demanding having rights and free elections first time since last 30 years, damn them!

I wonder what you would produce on Pahonia symbol xDDD

View attachment 26884

How dare they?

belarus-protests-05-ap-jc-201204_1607116859741_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

106675419-1598265673283-gettyimages-1228167689-urn_newsml_dpa_com_20090101_200823-99-275925-2.jpeg

Belarus-_-2020-mass-protest.jpg

you are so full of shit that if you would travel back in time to the 30s of the XXc you could pick a side and either Goebbels or Stalin would give you the highest honors :ROFLMAO:

following your crooked logic, this is the only real Irish flag, before country was taken over by the opposition :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 26885

edit: SilkY seriously, you have IOTY2023 secured long time ago, no need to push at the final stretch - relax xD
You can hardly compare Irish nationalist movement to Belarus nationalist movement. Belarus never had a war with it's neighbour and Orthodox Christianity is the religion of both Russia and Belarus whereas with Britain and Ireland we were Catholic and they were Protestant.

As for the flag you asked me about that flag is the flag of the opposition not the flag of the country.

As for IOTY I think others have that distinction this year like Hank for his contribution in the Palestine thread.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Ultan Conlon
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

19th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

DJ Mystic Gold

The Old Town Whiskey Bar at Bodega, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼