RTE Ratings

The most popular programme they had over Christmas was Killinascully on Christmas Day with 772,000 viewers. So that means that less then 25% of the population were watching RTE.

God be with the days when in a population of 3 million the Late Late Show would regularly attract audiences of over a million.

RTE is now a minority channel, a niche current affairs channel. Most people watch it for GAA, News, and in depth reporting of Irish news stories.

I think they should sell off RTE 2.

was summit on the news a week or so back saying they had won the xmas ratings - numero uno over all the others....

according to RTE like ;)

The most popular programme they had over Christmas was Killinascully on Christmas Day with 772,000 viewers. So that means that less then 25% of the population were watching RTE.

God be with the days when in a population of 3 million the Late Late Show would regularly attract audiences of over a million.

RTE is now a minority channel, a niche current affairs channel. Most people watch it for GAA, News, and in depth reporting of Irish news stories.

I think they should sell off RTE 2.

I think things like Killinascully are the reasons for RTE's demise.

I watch Prime Time and Q&A on the net all the time though.
Good stuff.

And who in the name of jaysus would buy RTE2?

I think things like Killinascully are the reasons for RTE's demise.

I watch Prime Time and Q&A on the net all the time though.
Good stuff.

And who in the name of jaysus would buy RTE2?

Well, maybe they should close down RTE2, ban commercials, and only show home produced programmes and sports. Then it would make it easier for other channels to buy the rights to imported American shows, and our licence fees could come down. I don't want to be forced to pay the government a fee so that I can watch commercials about muppets on a bus in Dumpland who don't know what APR is, or mucksavages who drove their tractors into an electricity cable.

Close down or sell off RTE2, stop showing commercials, and stop showing imported American or British shows that most people have already seen on Sky or BBC or ITV or Channel 4.

Well, maybe they should close down RTE2, ban commercials, and only show home produced programmes and sports. Then it would make it easier for other channels to buy the rights to imported American shows, and our licence fees could come down. I don't want to be forced to pay the government a fee so that I can watch commercials about muppets on a bus in Dumpland who don't know what APR is, or mucksavages who drove their tractors into an electricity cable.

Close down or sell off RTE2, stop showing commercials, and stop showing imported American or British shows that most people have already seen on Sky or BBC or ITV or Channel 4.

The fact that the national (license fee grabbing) broadcaster even has commercials makes me laugh.

The irish public are paying to look at ads.

Plus, those dirty bastards won't broadcast FTA on satellite which means people like me cannot access state televison from my home unless I pay a british company to do so.

Bate that.

Horrible bastards.

surely it can't work out how many people are watching the same tv?
could be 5 people watching most of those tvs..
but then i havent a clue how they work out these numbers.

The fact that the national (license fee grabbing) broadcaster even has commercials makes me laugh.

The irish public are paying to look at ads.

Plus, those dirty bastards won't broadcast FTA on satellite which means people like me cannot access state televison from my home unless I pay a british company to do so.

Bate that.

Horrible bastards.

I hear ya, I hear ya.

And Pat Kenny is an insufferable bore.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

UCC Music Recitals

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 2pm

More events ▼