RTE: Radio, Telefis, Empty pockets

I just heard the RTE crime correspondent say they wouldn't name the "well known Irish entertainer" who is involved in the case of using a fraudulent PCR test. "Of course he's innocent until proven guilty"

Wow - RTE seem to be rather selective on when they do and don't name people suspected of being guilty.

A singer in his 40's. International audience they say.

I just heard the RTE crime correspondent say they wouldn't name the "well known Irish entertainer" who is involved in the case of using a fraudulent PCR test. "Of course he's innocent until proven guilty"

Wow - RTE seem to be rather selective on when they do and don't name people suspected of being guilty.
Have they been arrested and charged?

Stacey, I actually want RTE to show some consistency in their reportage. They're quite willing to name some people prior to being brought to court, much less found guilty. While with others they seem happy not to name. RTE also seem to have problems with numbers not alone in trying to make their books balance but also in estimating the size of crowds in demonstrations, when they even report the demonstrations. Consistency in reporting really isn't too big an ask for an organisation the subsidising of which is compulsory in this country.

Stacey, I actually want RTE to show some consistency in their reportage. They're quite willing to name some people prior to being brought to court, much less found guilty. While with others they seem happy not to name. RTE also seem to have problems with numbers not alone in trying to make their books balance but also in estimating the size of crowds in demonstrations, when they even report the demonstrations. Consistency in reporting really isn't too big an ask for an organisation the subsidising of which is compulsory in this country.
Examples?
Mu understanding was that they name people who are arrested and charged unless directed otherwise by the judge or to protect a victim etc

Pair of vile pricks

This is the kind of SHIT our taxes are being squandered on. Just a few weeks after the death of Ashling Murphy, two RTE employees think its OK to call women sluts and say things like

Tyres are like women, no good unless they are squealing

RTÉ’s new radio presenters The 2 Johnnies are accused of posting ‘virulently sexist’ video​

Holly Cairns highly critical of comedy duo over their promo clip

A VIDEO containing “virulently sexist” material promoting a new RTÉ radio programme with ‘The 2 Johnnies’ has been condemned.

The video featuring two new RTÉ presenters contains several crude references to female genitalia.

Social Democrats TD Holly Cairns says RTÉ presenters should be calling out sexist comments “not laughing along with them and certainly not promoting them”.

The national broadcaster told the Irish Independent the comedy duo have been brought through their guidelines and social media polices.

Johnny McMahon and Johnny O’Brien began hosting a new drivetime show on 2FM under their stage name, The 2 Johnnies, on Monday.

RTÉ hired the Tipperary natives due to their “incredible chemistry and content”.
However, the programme was being promoted by the comedy duo in a video that portrayed women in a negative light. The video was put up on social media 90 minutes before the start of their first show last Monday.

The innuendo-laden video came from The 2 Johnnies podcast, which is separate from their new RTÉ show.
But RTÉ’s 2FM is clearly referenced in the video and in social media posts to promote the RTÉ show: “Drive It with The 2 Johnnies Monday-Friday 3pm-6pm RTÉ 2FM.”

Other social media posts also specifically reference the station “Hear us on 2FM”. The video has since been deleted.

Among the slogan read out during the piece is “Workin’ the land and droppin* the hand”; “Tyres are like women, no good unless they are squealing” and “Hocus Pocus, I got your girl in my Focus”.

Other stickers included: “If you can make a girl laugh and giggle, you can make her cheeks clap and wiggle” and “She’s not a princess, she’s a sl*t”.

The Irish Independent has chosen not to publish other offence remarks made during the podcast.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Sin É, Coburg St

4th Jun 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Henry Prune

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 7:30pm

More events ▼