RTE: Radio, Telefis, Empty pockets

Brian Carty a former RTE commentator owes the Revenue 120k.
I asked the Revenue what were the amouns due from his RTE work and the amounts from his publishing business they said they do not comment on individuale casrs. Pity.

Heard on Morning Ireland this morning that Patrick Kielty's viewing figures on the LLS have averaged over 450K so far, while in Tubby's last season it was at only 400K.

Tubber is an over-paid, over-hyped, skinny tw@t that RTE, and by extension the Irish TV License payers, are well rid of.

I'm in a minority I know, and am not a regular viewer of the LLS but I thought Tubridy was quite good and professional at what he did. I didn't like him in particular but, there ya go.

I'm not a regular viewer of the LLS either, and what bits I've seen of PK he seems a bit stilted, but this whole narrative that Tubs (and Varadkar) got us through Covid and is somehow a national hero despite getting paid extortionate rates well in advance of his worth is enough to give you the boak.

I'm in a minority I know, and am not a regular viewer of the LLS but I thought Tubridy was quite good and professional at what he did. I didn't like him in particular but, there ya go.
I used to listen to his radio show around the time of the financial crisis and he could be funny at times.

But he was never really comfortable talking to ordinary people, he would patronise and fake sincerity, and unlike Pat Kenny or Gay Byrne, he never really asked anybody any hard questions.

That's probably partly why there were never any real LLS controversies while he was hosting it and RTÉ saw him as a safe pair of hands for light entertainment, which is fair enough

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Camilla Griehsel's Mamasongue
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

12th May 2024 @ 5:00 pm
More info..

Sunday & Bank Holiday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 2pm

More events ▼