Ross Motorcycles Cork

So, I have a CBR 600f. Took it to Ross Motorcycles in Cork to get a small crack in an oil pipe repaired. Collected it 10 days ago and it didn't feel right and had started leaking oil again. Decided I would bring it back to where I bought it, as I was happier for them to have a look at it before I took it back to Ross. Got a call the day before yesterday and they told me I was lucky to have made it to their shop. Turns out Ross Motorcycles may have put oil in where the coolant should be and now I have oil in the rad and everywhere the coolant should be. No trace of coolant.

Needless to say I rang Ross quite upset and angry and looking for them to sort it out as I may need a new engine. You can probably guess their reaction. Have insisted it's not their problem. They didn't fill it with oil and have basically told me to f off. Anyone have any ideas on how I can next approach this? I am trying to track down an independent engineer and then go legal.

Last edited:
aN4UL.jpg

So, I have a CBR 600f. Took it to Ross Motorcycles in Cork to get a small crack in an oil pipe repaired. Collected it 10 days ago and it didn't feel right and had started leaking oil again. Decided I would bring it back to where I bought it, as I was happier for them to have a look at it before I took it back to Ross. Got a call the day before yesterday and they told me I was lucky to have made it to their shop. Turns out Ross Motorcycles put oil in where the coolant should be and now I have oil in the rad and everywhere the coolant should be. No trace of coolant.

Needless to say I rang Ross quite upset and angry and looking for them to sort it out as I may need a new engine. ..You can probably guess their reaction. Have insisted it's not their problem. They didn't fill it with oil and have basically told me to f off. Anyone have any ideas on how I can next approach this? I am trying to track down an independent engineer and then go legal.

Pwnt.

So, I have a CBR 600f. Took it to Ross Motorcycles in Cork to get a small crack in an oil pipe repaired. Collected it 10 days ago and it didn't feel right and had started leaking oil again. Decided I would bring it back to where I bought it, as I was happier for them to have a look at it before I took it back to Ross. Got a call the day before yesterday and they told me I was lucky to have made it to their shop. Turns out Ross Motorcycles put oil in where the coolant should be and now I have oil in the rad and everywhere the coolant should be. No trace of coolant.

Needless to say I rang Ross quite upset and angry and looking for them to sort it out as I may need a new engine. You can probably guess their reaction. Have insisted it's not their problem. They didn't fill it with oil and have basically told me to f off. Anyone have any ideas on how I can next approach this? I am trying to track down an independent engineer and then go legal.

Is it possible that the head gasket is gone? Maybe the water pump?

Unlikely you need a new engine, chemical flush should sort it if oil was put in the coolant reservoir.

Nope, two mechanics have looked at it now and they said it is pure oil in there. They said there is no trace of water in there, just pure oil in the rad...

That's what I was thinking, but I want to have an independent engineer report first to consolidate my case as otherwise they will try worm out of it I suspect. Thanks though folks.

That's what I was thinking, but I want to have an independent engineer report first to consolidate my case as otherwise they will try worm out of it I suspect. Thanks though folks.

To prove that Ross Motorcycles are negligent, I think you need to prove that something is broken, like oil in the water reservoir doesn't mean its broken and you wont know its broken until its flushed. So make sure that the assessor is also a mechanic and will fix the problem.

Shit situation to be in, but if they told you to fuck off then you should go for it

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

DJ Roscoe

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11:30pm

More events ▼