Rory Gallagher- Cork Legend

came across an article last night about deep purple

apparently after blackmore left...

"coverdale drew up a short-list of possible replacement guitarists. His no. 1 choice was Jeff Beck; no. 2 was Rory Gallagher. "Without even pursuing Jeff everyone said that after Ritchie it would be like jumping from the frying pan into the fire, personality-wise. Who knows?"

As far as Gallagher was concerned, Coverdale was "in a local band, way back when, and i'd opened for Rory when he fronted Taste at a blues club called the Argus Butterfly in Peterlee in the north of England. I thought ihim an exceptional musician, great white blues interpreter and a very decent bloke. However, for whatever reason, Rory wasn't discussed any further. I still think it could have been interesting."

Last edited:
One of the best gigs I was ever at was the Top Priority tour in the City Hall in Cork. It was a seated gig but that only last for a few seconds! Was lucky enough to get back stage at the end of the gig. Awe struck 15 year old getting my poster signed by the band. Rory was so nice - humble, quietly spoken no shit about him whatsoever. A memory I'll cherish.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼