Robert Lewandowksi - one of the world's best?

Duke, a bit unfair, his boots and undershirt would say that’s 2 different games. I always thought Lewandowski was a bit of a beast when he wanted to be.

I’d have Ronaldo and Messi well clear of anyone who’s played since Diego.

Of Lewandowskis generation I’d only have Suarez ahead of him.

Hazard, Neymar, Ibra and Bale all have equal or greater talent than Lewandowski but his consistency and professionalism shades it.

Suarez had one of the best ever individual seasons in the premier league, complemented Messi brilliantly and had a 59 goals in 53 appearances season in 2015/2016. He was the only player not named Messi or Ronaldo to win this award in 11 seasons. He did it twice, sharing with Ronaldo in 2013/14.

Played a huge part In Atletico (Lieti) winning la liga last season and had an exceptional international career with Uruguay.

Lewa has 497 goals in 706 club games.
Suarez has 442 goals in 693 club games.

Lewa has 72 in 124 for Poland.
Suarez has 64 in 123 for Uruguay.

Lewandowski has slightly the better stats but I think Suarez has a greater wow factor and had a higher top level.
Suarez was a Rooney/Aguero hybrid and Lewa is a Van Basten/Lineker hybrid.

Both are bona fide greats though and I’d have zero arguments with someone picking the Pole first among those in the tier below Messi/Ronnie.

Lol (xW), you need to stop watching Exposé m8.

Lewandowski is miles ahead of Suarez. And he did it all without ever biting anyone.

The Uruguayan gets a bonus point for celebrating wildly after scoring against Lolpool.

(And yes I am perfectly aware Lolpook progressed in that tie)

Lol (xW), you need to stop watching Exposé m8.

Lewandowski is miles ahead of Suarez. And he did it all without ever biting anyone.

The Uruguayan gets a bonus point for celebrating wildly after scoring against Lolpool.

(And yes I am perfectly aware Lolpook progressed in that tie)

Even Benzema is clear of Suarez

I don't think that any of the trio (Lewandowski, Benzema or Suarez) are miles of any other member of the trio tbphwy

On the proc you can’t speak in grey terms. It has to be black and white.
Suarez and Lewandowski are great. Nothing between them. Both are slightly ahead of Benzema.

I'd have Suarez ahead of Lewandowski, mainly because of the standard of opposition in the PL is way higher than BL in recent years.

So probably the majority of his goals scored are against Championship equivalent sides.

Also look at his list of international goals and strip out the San Marinos and Georgias and there are very few against the top sides, excluding friendlies.

Bayern also get a free ride from many refs and Lewa gets away with judicious use of the elbows that would bring him red cards in England.

And like the OP said when Gnabry, Muller, Coman, and previously Ribery and Robben are putting it on a plate for you week in and week out, it makes it much easier, so he probably hasn't even had to try that hard over the past few years since moving from Dortmund.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Funny Fridays Special

City Limits, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼