Residents Associations

Jimmy the Gent

Anyone a member of one? What's the best way to compel a reluctant resident to pay their maintenance fee?

I'm not a member but am aware of a number of folk who simply do not pay which isn't fair on the rest of us. There are landlords in this park who take 1500 a month rent and yet refuse to pay a 100 quid annual fee.

Greedy cunts.

Am a member of a Residents Association but thankfully don't have the problem you're experiencing. If it's a service charge set out first day when you bought the house/apartment then all should legally be paying. But if it's a voluntary type thing that's different. We don't have a communal green (unfortunately) but has your park been taken in charge by the council? If so then they have guys who come and cut the grass. On an annual basis the council tends to send out notice of the availability in your area of say a communal skip in which to get rid of bigger items that won't fit in your bin though they do stipulate the materials that can and can't be put in it. The council also usually annually alert Residents Associations of paint tin pick ups - usually sponsored by one of the pharma companies.
Alternatively, you could apply to one of your local councillors for a donation from his Ward Fund to go towards the financing of the clean up.

As for Landlords who make 1500 pm on rent but won't contribute when asked, one can only presume you've contact details for them. That being the case you can alert them to the fact that if they don't contribute their fair share Revenue might be alerted to their rather hefty revenue stream. Just a suggestion like

The builder in the estate i live in had cut the grass for the first
couple of years but then stopped, We had to hire a fella to cut the grass ,
I took it upon myself to call on people to contribute 30eu per household to cover this it was like getting blood out of a stone in some cases,

The builder in the estate i live in had cut the grass for the first
couple of years but then stopped, We had to hire a fella to cut the grass ,
I took it upon myself to call on people to contribute 30eu per household to cover this it was like getting blood out of a stone in some cases,

Thats very good.

The place I was lving before were looking for a 100quid a year for landscaping costs.

Am a member of a Residents Association but thankfully don't have the problem you're experiencing. If it's a service charge set out first day when you bought the house/apartment then all should legally be paying. But if it's a voluntary type thing that's different. We don't have a communal green (unfortunately) but has your park been taken in charge by the council? If so then they have guys who come and cut the grass. On an annual basis the council tends to send out notice of the availability in your area of say a communal skip in which to get rid of bigger items that won't fit in your bin though they do stipulate the materials that can and can't be put in it. The council also usually annually alert Residents Associations of paint tin pick ups - usually sponsored by one of the pharma companies.
Alternatively, you could apply to one of your local councillors for a donation from his Ward Fund to go towards the financing of the clean up.

As for Landlords who make 1500 pm on rent but won't contribute when asked, one can only presume you've contact details for them. That being the case you can alert them to the fact that if they don't contribute their fair share Revenue might be alerted to their rather hefty revenue stream. Just a suggestion like

Thats down to the tenant m8.

Voluntary contributions are just that and legally all landlords are required to register their properties and tenents with the RTB.

Thats down to the tenant m8.

Voluntary contributions are just that and legally all landlords are required to register their properties and tenents with the RTB.

Correct. And what percentage of them do that would you guestimate? I know of two cases where there isn't even a rent book. One of the landlords involved is himself a serving garda. Go figure

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Cliffords

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼