Religion is the root of all Evil.

jungle said:
Surely, that should be (Leaving Cert, 1964)

Because the State would ahve had no problem putting that as an essay question in the 1960s! (although I would pay to go back in time and witness that).

Or now for that matter...

D'oriel said:
I didn't see it, but it makes sense...

Discuss. (Pudgee, 2004).

Religion what's that all about like?

I'm at the stage where I don't know what to believe, is it all just a pile of crap or what?

most people would say yeah, but still go to mass xmas day, they must believe something if they do

I've come from being the catholic youngfella scared shitless of God, to being quite strongly anti-religion (thank you Jello Biafra) and convinced that it is indeed the root of alot of evil (still moderately afraid slightly below conciousness but not too sure of what or why - thank you catholic guilt), to being able to see some positives in it, most particularly the comfort it can give the bereaved.

Despite adopting a more forgiving outlook on religion these days, I would still say I am not a "believer" in the faith I was raised in.

pudgee said:
Yeah. There's a thread on it somewhere. Dawkins is funny in a way. Really doesn't suffer foold gladly.

He doesn't really take people on, he asks a direct question, lets them answer it and that's it... he moves on to the next subject. I'd like to see more of a debate.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Listen To The Birds: Cork World Book Fest

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼