Referendum on Family & Care

What way are you voting

• Total voters
Would you not transfer tactically to keep someone else out?

In your case I assume you don't want SF getting a seat and they're not very transfer friendly so would it not make more sense to give everyone else a transfer?

I know CSC is likely to revert to being a 5 seater but I don't think Michelle Sahid has got a high enough profile at the moment. IF, (as Dan claims) Simey doesn't run in CSC, and IF MM doesn't either, then I think DOL and Small Mickey are certainties and probably Buttimer (yeah him) a very distant third. Fun and games then for the last 2 seats. Prior to their disaster in Government the Greens could have picked up a seat but now they're even less transfer friendly than SF.

The Labour Party - I couldn't even tell you who their candidate is and resentment still smoulders after Ciarán Lynch's betrayal of the Labour electorate. Depending on how things go between now and then Michelle could be in with a good chance after all.

The months are ticking down to the GE which has to be held before this time next year, and Governments don't usually leave it to the last minute as they then become a hostage to fortune and the possibility of another scandal breaking. And of course there's Local and European elections coming up which will give an idea of what way the wind might be blowing.

Interesting times ahead where the Transfers will be crucial!

I know CSC is likely to revert to being a 5 seater
Boundary Commission report was last year.

CSC and CNC are both going to be 5 seaters.

I think the analysis at the time was that nationally smaller parties are likely to feel the squeeze because there are more 4 and 5 seaters so more running mates for the big dogs.

'Party founder and leader Peadar Tóibín has described Aontú as left of centre economically while socially conservative'.

Id say we will see a lot of independents next time out as most people just view the main parties and opposition as completely interchangeable.

You can start shrieking shill again but Mary Lou was a complete coward to support the government amendments. Id expect it from donkeys like Cairns and Bacik but it was a spectacular misstep from a party that position themselves as the curators of cHaNgE.

Between this and selling working class/rural communities down the river with Immigration I expect Sinn Fein to take a big hit politically.

I've no problem at all in saying that MLMD, along with the leaders of ALL of the opposition parties bar Aontu, and some TDs you wish to dismiss as "just a herd of leftard wasters" called it wrong. I knew she called it wrong and I was very vocal here, and elsewhere, that I'd be voting NO NO, so there's absolutely no shrieking from me that MLMD got it right - she didn't.

But who exactly is it that you're going to give your vote to in upcoming elections and why? The Govt parties who thought it a good idea to champion this referendum, to spend Millions on it; to suppress the advice of the AG on it; to be complicit in the lies told about the AG's advice on it? The Government that rammed it through the Dail?
You describe both Cairns and Bacik as donkeys, and the others as "just a herd of leftard wasters." So who exactly are you going to vote for? We know it won't be SF, and presumably you'll vote so will it be you reverting to putting 1 and 2 opposite the FF candidates again :cool:

The people voted in favour of same sex marriage in huge numbers because it was the right thing to so,
but people do not want to listen to patronising crap like.. we have matured as a nation,
^^^^^^^^ This.

What's right is right - what's a transparent con-job is a transparent con-job.

Even as late as this morning that clownbag Eamonn Ryan, so remote from the wishes of the people, was saying that at least The Greens put more effort in trying to get it across the line than the other government parties.

Read the room you absolute loonball!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Underground Ovation: Open Deck Night

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼