Ray Foley crowned Hottest Irish TV star - WTF???

Thousands voted for their hottest TV stars in the poll and this afternoon the popular host of TV3's 'Take Me Out' was presented with his award.

A clearly shocked and surprised Foley said: "You totally caught me! I was told that I was coming out for a photograph and that I was on the shortlist and I won! It's amazing! And thanks very much.

"We ran a good campaign. We were on the radio show every lunchtime [on Today FM] and when we heard we were nominated we were genuinely surprised because there were some really hot guys on the shortlist, apart from myself that is!

"When Boyle Sports heard that we were running a campaign they gave us some money, €100, to bet on us winning. So that win works out at €1,200 for Special Olympics Ireland."

When asked what his wife, RTÉ 2FM News Reporter Kate Carolan, would think of living with Ireland's hottest TV male, the 30-year-old replied: "She'll have a lot to live up to. She'll feel deeply insecure I'm sure! Very upset and worried that I'm hot property now!

"No, seriously, she probably won't care really. But I hope to use this for the next week or two, that I'm Ireland's hottest male so you'll have to unload the dishwasher and take the dog to the vet or whatever. Although I suspect she won't really care at all."

He added: "I expect people to recognise me in the street, I expect plenty of Ooh's and Ahh's. I expect the red carpet treatment everywhere I go, even when I come home. I want the red carpet to be rolled out in the driveway.

"I'm sure women will be throwing themselves at me, more than usual. It's going to take my life to wild and exciting places - maybe LA, I don't know, maybe I'm being a bit ambitious, but I don't think so."

Winner of the Hottest Irish Female TV Star is MTV's rising star Laura Whitmore with Cheryl Cole topping the International Female list, while 'Criminal Minds' Shemar Moore proved to be the favourite International Male.

For full details of how the public voted check out next week's RTÉ Guide.

Seriously Ray Foley and "Hot" in the same sentence??? I've seen heads of cabbage with more sex appeal!

Ray%20Foley%20Meteor%20400.jpg

An insufferable gobshite.

All the charm, wit and charisma of a cabbage.

His radio show would sound amateurish on Campus radio, how he got a job with a national broadcaster eludes me.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Riki Matsuda: Happy Hour

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 2pm

More events ▼