Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

The devil's Advocate.

Very enjoyable rewatch, 7/10. "I'm a fan of man", Al does it like no one else can.

Does anyone else dizzy watching that scene on the edge of the building? I've no fear of heights but I can't watch them on camera for some reason.

That documentary about the guy walking between the twin towers was fun too 🤣

Charlize Theron

Do-oi-oi-ing!
Absolutely.

Yer one who played his half sister too.

giphy.gif

The Last Duel 5/10.

Lonely old harlot leads Adam Driver on then accuses him of rape when her husband returns.
She then tries to pass the child off as the husbands to secure her cosy lifestyle.
Left with a cliffhanger at the end as they never get a DNA test on the child.
ammmmmm....

Kingdom of The Planet of the Apes

The latest tale in the reboot of the Planet of the Apes saga is almost up to date now with the original first movie, in this one, the Kingdom, we find Noah, a young chimp living with his clan peacefully rearing eagles when a chance encounter with a young human girl, May, has his village destroyed by gorillas led by the self-styled new Caesar ape, Proximus, who bases his empire on the Roman one as he has a pet human who reads him books.

Noah and May find themselves captured by Proximus, who has his base in a rusting hulk of a ship and is trying to breach the metal doors to a fallout silo where human tech and weapons are stored.

Quite enjoyable, you wouldn't even notice the nearly three hours passing by, a good movie, the CGI is top notch, the ruined cities and World is done good and hopefully they follow up with another one as the ending is...intriguing' a solid 7/10

Perfect Days (2023).

Winner of the best actor award at Cannes 2023. A slow moving 2 hour film set in Tokyo about the daily, repetitive life of a city toilet cleaner in his 60's. He seems to be happy with his routine existence. Nothing much happens and you'd want to be in the mood for a film like this, which I was. Both sad and joyful in it's simplicity with odd, scrambled glimpses of the normal life he used to have. Great snatches of music while he travels in his van from toilet to toilet - The Animals, Lou Reed, The Kinks, Patti Smith etc.

In Japanese with very little dialogue. For some it would be a yawn/10, for me 6.5/10.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

21st Sep 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Cork Voices Of The Irish Revolution

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼