Rangers FC gone into administration

Explain how they could have been winning Scottish premierships whilst they were in the lower leagues? They basically won what was on offer or within reach.

I doubt anyone thought Rangers had a chance this year seeing as they fell years behind Celtic after their demotion. Gerrard is in his first season as manager and they have improved over last year, to call him a failure at this stage is ridiculous, hopefully he will fail, but you would have to think they are on an upward trajectory so will be more competitive again next season.

Demotion :lol:

No they didn't win what was on offer. They failed to win all of the lower leagues they were in at first go despite utterly dwarfing the finances of the other clubs involved.
They didn't even win the Petrofac Cup (cup for lower league teams) each time.
And they even lost a play-off to go up.

And there were plenty, including former Celtic players, who tipped THe Rangers to win the league this season especially when they got in Defoe and Davis in January. The hype was incredible.

https://celtsarehere.com/celtic-hav...ibrox-statement-comes-back-to-haunt-nicholas/

Your claim that they improved over last year isn't really borne out by their league results (I think there's only a difference of one point after 29 games compared to last season), and of course they've not made either cup final this time either.

They're surviving on soft loans to stop the lights going out. Again!

Gerrard, a great player in his day, was given a big club with a lot of pressure as a novice manager to cut his teeth on. It could have been a win-win for both parties but it's looking very much like it'll end in failure with only the fact that Celtic and Aberdeen have done much poorer this season compared to recent league races masking the problems at ibrox.

There's been a bit of grumbling of "Gerrard Out" already, despite still technically being in the hunt for the league title.

Gerrard on Aberdeen

"Asked if Aberdeen try harder against Rangers, Gerrard added: "That's the way it looks on the eye. We watched them last week against Celtic and they never laid a finger on Celtic"

Gerrard on players he signed following a game against them in Europe

"Unfortunately, there were a lot of players when I came here who were holding Rangers back — and there’s still some around.

“At the right time, I’ll address that. I spoke to the players afterwards and let them know what I thought. Only one came back to me and said I was right.”

Gerrard is well aware Scottish football is not for faint hearts.

He said: “I’m not here to speak about individual players, but I’ve already spoken about Grezda and Barisic a while ago.

“Have I seen anything in the interim to show me they’ve taken it on board? Well, one’s been injured but have they played in the starting 11?

“Not much, so that’s the answer to your question"

Gerrard on the Scottish game

“I think certain games have been good,” he said. “Certain games we’ve played in, or I’ve watched, they’ve been a higher level of quality than I originally thought. But at times I’ve been a bit disappointed watching certain games. I’ve been to certain games too and the stadiums haven’t been full and when it’s come to the standard the ball has been in the air a lot. To be honest

Aberdeen are constantly rolling over and having their tummies tickled by Rangers.

Anyone see Garth Crooks' comments over the weekend? Celtic need better than Lennon to stay ahead of Stevie G!!

Gerrard has come across quite poorly looks to be saying all the right things to keep the zombie hordes happy, domestically they've been terrible, and I'm quiet confident they wont have such a good European run next season, his quotes on Aberdeen trying harder against the zoms was pretty classless and there has been other times aswell where he has spoke shit, whether it be about referees or Brown antagonising the zombie players lol, this from a guy who played on the edge his whole career, I'm not saying he is going to be a poor manager however he hasn't impressed me so far, the manner in which he comments on certain stuff is bizarre.

Looks like Slippy G has his players wound up to the last. As well as Morelos losing the plot time out of number, McGregor was at long last sent off for the kind of carry-on he's been getting away with much of the season ie deliberately kicking or elbowing opponents. Even Defoe, who I'd never have had down for being an aggressive player ended up deliberately punching the defenceless (he'd both arms wrapped around the ball) Aberdeen keeper in the mush. And at the back of it all, Slippy claimed that the The Rangers haven't been getting fair treatment from refs, and they successfully complained about Collum who hasn't reffed one of their games since they complained about him.

There'll be huge pressure on Gerrard next season and TRFC have to undergo a big change in players again this summer.

Gerrard has come across quite poorly looks to be saying all the right things to keep the zombie hordes happy, domestically they've been terrible, and I'm quiet confident they wont have such a good European run next season, his quotes on Aberdeen trying harder against the zoms was pretty classless and there has been other times aswell where he has spoke shit, whether it be about referees or Brown antagonising the zombie players lol, this from a guy who played on the edge his whole career, I'm not saying he is going to be a poor manager however he hasn't impressed me so far, the manner in which he comments on certain stuff is bizarre.

+1

hasn't been great

Aberdeen are constantly rolling over and having their tummies tickled by Rangers.

I thought this seemed unfair so I checked (quiet day at the office :))

Since Rangers returned to the SPL here are the results between the two:

2018/19

SPL
Aberdeen 1-1 Rangers
Rangers 0-1 Aberdeen
Aberdeen 2-4 Rangers
Rangers 2-0 Aberdeen

Scottish Cup Q/Final
Aberdeen 1-1 Rangers
Rangers 0-2 Aberdeen (R)

Scottish League Cup S/Final
Aberdeen 1-0 Rangers

2017/18

SPL
Rangers 3-0 Aberdeen
Aberdeen 1-2 Rangers
Rangers 2-0 Aberdeen
Aberdeen 1-1 Rangers

2016/17

SPL
Aberdeen 2-1 Rangers
Rangers 2-1 Aberdeen
Aberdeen 0-3 Rangers
Rangers 1-2 Aberdeen

Aberdeen - Overall Record
P 15
W 5
D 3
L 7

Rangers have slightly shaded it but definitely no rolling over going on.

There's no real love lost between Aberdeen and the The Rangers tbh. Some say it goes back to the "Simpson f**ked his knee" incident, others will point further back to when some hun stood on a Don's throat. Alex Fergusson played up the whole "The SFA is run by the west coast and they're all agin us" type spiel which added to it.

I think the Dons maybe dislike Celtic slightly less than they dislike the huns because there was less arrogance on display. But the Dons don't particularly like Celtic.

The team that tend to have a reputation of laying down to the mob from ibrox would more usually have been seen as Hearts (aka huns without busfare, diet huns, cousins) who are the only team in the top six this season to have conceded 12 league points to The Rangers again this season.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Camilla Griehsel's Mamasongue
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

12th May 2024 @ 5:00 pm
More info..

Hollie McNish

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼