Pubs reopening June 29th

Apparently Benny is considering making the Oval an official Man City supporters pub on the back of said endorsement by the Prime mutton.

Big things are happening

Just in case that's about to happen any chance you'd let me have that lovely photo of the Lisbon Lions that's over the bar in the Oval Benny. I'd give it a good home and it wouldn't be wasted on Man City supporters. 🙏

Gave the Hyde Out a chance again tonight.

Jesus fucking Christ.

As if serving pints of Arthur Guinness' excrement wasn't bad enough, they turned off the Munster match with 10 minutes to go and put on West Brom vs Southampton.

In the Laurel now. Genuinely doubt I'll go back to the Hyde Out. Enough is enough. How can the pints be so consistently bad? And as for turning off a Munster match with 10 minutes to go? I know the game was over but there was still a try or two in that. West Brom vs Southampton FFS.

Something has gone wrong with that place. It was unstoppable a few months ago but the wheels have fallen off big time.

And don't get me started about them reserving spots at the bar for people.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Liam is a great fella and I want him to do well, but it's like they're on a kamikaze mission.

Taking on Barbarella a few weeks after opening the Hyde Out was complete and utter lunacy. A pub as busy as the Hyde Out needs your undivided attention, particularly if it's your first venture.

They were out of Beamish last Saturday. Turned out they had 4 kegs of Beamish, but the gas was turned off on the wall of the cold room and nobody knew what the issue was.

I'm sorry now but in this day and age there is no excuse for shite like that when we're all being begged to support local pubs.

Jesus fucking Christ.

As if serving pints of Arthur Guinness' excrement wasn't bad enough, they turned off the Munster match with 10 minutes to go and put on West Brom vs Southampton.

In the Laurel now. Genuinely doubt I'll go back to the Hyde Out. Enough is enough. How can the pints be so consistently bad? And as for turning off a Munster match with 10 minutes to go? I know the game was over but there was still a try or two in that. West Brom vs Southampton FFS.

Something has gone wrong with that place. It was unstoppable a few months ago but the wheels have fallen off big time.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Liam is a great fella and I want him to do well, but it's like they're on a kamikaze mission.

Taking on Barbarella a few weeks after opening the Hyde Out was complete and utter lunacy. A pub as busy as the Hyde Out needs your undivided attention, particularly if it's your first venture.

They were out of Beamish last Saturday. Turned out they had 4 kegs of Beamish, but the gas was turned off on the wall of the cold room and nobody knew what the issue was.

I'm sorry now but in this day and age there is no excuse for shite like that when we're all being begged to support local pubs.
You should probably go somewhere else before you blow a head gasket.

Jesus fucking Christ.

I just won’t tolerate bad pints for the price you pay these days.

Any place can have a few bad nights with cold rooms or gas or other variables acting up which is completely understandable, However if it’s consistently shit I won’t go there end of story.

A prime example of this is the Roundy, I’ve been drinking in there for over 20 years a lot of my friends go there regularly. It’s a nice spot for people (talent) watching however the drink has been so bad with the last few months I now refuse to go there which is disappointing because I like Frank and all the staff a lot but I’m not handing over hard earned money for pints of stout I struggle to drink.

I just won’t tolerate bad pints for the price you pay these days.

Any place can have a few bad nights with cold rooms or gas or other variables acting up which is completely understandable, However if it’s consistently shit I won’t go there end of story.

A prime example of this is the Roundy, I’ve been drinking in there for over 20 years a lot of my friends go there regularly. It’s a nice spot for people (talent) watching however the drink has been so bad with the last few months I now refuse to go there which is disappointing because I like Frank and all the staff a lot but I’m not handing over hard earned money for pints of stout I struggle to drink.
I like the Roundy too and all the staff are sound in there. Pint wasnt the best last time, but can't straight up tell them?

A london publican says he disagrees with the two stage pour of a pint of guinness, He does it all in one go,
Have you ever had a pint of Guinness in London?
Vine-Vomit.gif

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼