Politicians you like and dislike

To attempt to avoid this becoming excessively partisan, I want you to nominate one you like and one you dislike from each party

Dislike
Fianna Fail: Brian Cowen - He comes across as a bully
Fine Gael: John Deasy - Idiot
Labour: Liz McManus - Too smug
Greens: John Gormley - Smugger than Liz
Sinn Fein: Arthur Morgan - I'd be shocked if he hasn't killed people
PDs: Fiona O'Malley - At least McDowell had some talent

Fianna Fail: Seamus Brennan - He's too honest for them
Fine Gael: Richard Bruton - Very smart guy
Labour: Jan O'Sullivan
Greens: Eamon Ryan
Sinn Fein: Sean Crowe - He seems genuine at least
PDs: Mary Harney - It's hard to like a PD, but she seems a decent enough person

Last edited:
I find it hard to find politicians I actually like. Most of the mainstream ones come across as so fake and unattached.

Really I'd say Jonathan O'Brien and Gerry Adams are two that I like.

odd as it may seem i think Berties alright right down to the fact he calls himself bertie and not albert or even bert .
Brian cowen has an intelligent look about , but a reliable source told me once he is a total pisshead dont quote me .
Not a fan of sinn fein at all but yet again Jerry and Macguiness come across as very charismatic and strike you as holders of good chat. But I still think they are two frauds .
Enda kelly i think is a cunt - no explanation needed there I think
Macdowell is a cunt - in so much as the sky is blue macdowell is a cunt .
Ferris - a country bumpkin nationalist knob .
My all time pet hate though is Charlie six feet deep he lies with the rest of the worms .

To attempt to avoid this becoming excessively partisan, I want you to nominate one you like and one you dislike from each party

Dislike
Fianna Fail: Brian Cowen - He comes across as a bully
Fine Gael: John Deasy - Idiot
Labour: Liz McManus - Too smug
Greens: John Gormley - Smugger than Liz
Sinn Fein: Arthur Morgan - I'd be shocked if he hasn't killed people
PDs: Fiona O'Malley - At least McDowell had some talent

Fianna Fail: Seamus Brennan - He's too honest for them
Fine Gael: Richard Bruton - Very smart guy
Labour: Jan O'Sullivan
Greens: Eamon Ryan
Sinn Fein: Sean Crowe - He seems genuine at least
PDs: Mary Harney - It's hard to like a PD, but she seems a decent enough person

Mary Harney is a big one to watch for the future I reckon . she may even be Irelands first female taoseach .
Seeing her squaring up to the nurses last year reminded me of maggie going up agaisnt unions back in the day .

Mary Harney is a big one to watch for the future I reckon . she may even be Irelands first female taoseach .
Seeing her squaring up to the nurses last year reminded me of maggie going up agaisnt unions back in the day .

We really, really do not need a Maggie for Ireland, that bitch destroyed a generation. In fact that generation survived and gave England a nation of hoodies that rule the night (children of a lost generation if you like).

Maggie is revered only because of the outcome of the British economy, Major introduced the citezens charter as a damage limitation. Blair got into power with new labour as a result of the damage done by Maggie and Major was sidetracked.

So Fuck off Mary Harney and fly your jet full of pissed elitists away from us. The woman is a walking example of what we people as individuals should not aspire to be ie: a fat politician who overindulges on cream cakes and does not give a fuck about the little guy.

Don't think I could even name a politician from each party.

Joe Higgins (Soc)
Patricia McKenna (Green)
Tony Benn (retired, UK Labour)
Garret Fitz (FG)
John O'Donoghue (FF) - I had pick one soldier of fortune, and they're all a bad lot, I wouldn't toss any of them a lifebelt... but at least John gives entertainment value, regularly making a fool of himself.

Dislikes:
Brian Cowan (FF)
Bertie (FF)
Pat Rabbitte (Lab)
Enda Kenny (FG)
Mary Harney (PD)

Dislike: John Gormless the Yellow Green is a different man now he's in power, abandoning their core principles!

Like: Brian Cowen: the man makes sense, and he does not lack the courage of his own convictions, next leader of FF.

I like Biffo - he talks a lot of common sense and he's Willie's wingman when they're out on the piss together.
Michaél Martin struck me as being very courageous to introduce the smoking ban even though Bertie kept his head well down when the flak was flying.Definitely one to watch.
Mary Harney will never make Taoseach - she's too fat and ,as far as I can see, has never cracked even half a smile in her life although I would love to see a woman in that position one day.

dislike:that twat from the sdlp mark durkin,he,s spent so much time on the fence i reckon his arse must be reamed to fuck by now.
like:de rossa ,always entertaining

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Blue Steel

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼