Plutocracy

One in 40 people in Dublin is a millionaire (excluding primary residence), so really a millionaire, there's close to 4.5 thousand homeless in Dublin, Gradaí and frontline staff are being paid as little as 23k, under EMERGENCY financial legislation, while at the same time claiming to have a GDP growth of 26%, white collar criminals are let off constantly while those who can't afford to pay fines are jailed, our infrastructure is crumbling while those lucky enough to get a slice of the pie make huge profits, is it time we call it as it is, that we now live in a plutocracy?

plutocracy:
government by the wealthy.
a state or society governed by the wealthy.
an elite or ruling class whose power derives from their wealth/

And while it may not feel like it for many Dubliners, one in every 40 people in the capital is technically a millionaire, according to a new study.
Dublin ranked 10th on the list of European cities for most millionaires per capita, in a survey carried out by Spear’s magazine.
It puts the capital ahead of Venice, Paris and Brussels.

All told, there are almost 32,000 millionaires in Dublin, along with 4,473 homeless people, thousands of working poor, and ordinary families trying to get by.

Head of Wealth Insight Oliver Williams said Liffeyside has a higher density of millionaires than many other European capitals, including Paris, Madrid, Berlin and Moscow.

WealthInsight defines a millionaire as someone with net assets of $1 million (€902,000) or more – excluding their primary residence.
Fifth is Oslo, followed by Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Florence, Rome, and Dublin.

We Are F**ked

I, for one, welcome our new Plutonian overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted local talkpage personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground GAP knitholes.

I, for one, welcome our new Plutonian overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted local talkpage personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground GAP knitholes.

I think we, as a people, should have moved on from ripping off the Simpsons at this stage, Fishy.

maxresdefault.jpg

Show and a half

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Io Capitano (15A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8:05pm

More events ▼