plugd records news

Plugd were willing to open their shelves to local bands and artist's music, and for that there's almost definitely an obligation on these people to help it out. I feel guilty as I haven't been spendin as much as I used to in there, but you can bet everyone will be getting something from Plugd for Christmas now!

Very sad news indeed for the whole music scene in Cork. It was always a pleasure to walk through the door and both Jim and Albert would always have a smile on their face and were always pleased to see you and whats more if there was something you were looking for by golly the boys made their business to get for ya. Thanks lads for the superb service ye did for us alternative music lovers!!! Best of luck for the future!!!

utterly heartbroken.
thanks for everything feens. gonna be lost without the place
fingers crossed plugd will be back. we need it!

Jaycie_santa.jpg

Rare poster on this forum but had to contribute to this thread just to echo what's been said here - this is very very sad news for music fans in Cork. Was only in the other day putting in an order. The two lads are always sound out and always helpful. I'm sure a good crowd of us would be up for a fundraiser

the fact that this is happening is a fucking disgrace.
obviously not on jim's part, the best boss i ever had, and absolutely dedicated to his shit (we've all walked past the shop at 1 in the morning to see him in there hunched over the computer doing orders)
it's on the part of the music industry in general (and books, movies etc)
why do people now prefer to have their music, photos, movies, LIFE on their shitty little iwhatevers?
anybody here remember bringing home an album and reading the cover 20 times while listening to it, yeah thats right, actually listening to an album, remember that? not skipping through "tracks" (as opposed to songs/tunes) after 2 mins....,
physical formats need to be preserved. go out and buy records, cd's, books whatever, support the artists, and the independent retailers who keep this shit alive
BE A PART OF IT!
as opposed to just a random observer, but i guess we're talking about the problems of modern society as a whole here, something i am not qualified to rant about, so i'll stick to music.
where is the tangibility gone? cork city better hope that jim opens up somewhere else soon, or it's gonna be one of those cities with no independent record store, like galway, where i live, and believe me it sucks ass.
and while you are at it, stop fucking downloading shitty quality pirated music for free, go out and support the people who sweat blood and tears over this shit.
or one day you'll wake up and realise there is no more quality stuff out there, because no one will be bothered by then anymore....
but sure by then there'll probably be an app on fucking facebook so you can do it yourself, but you know what?
it'll be SHIT.
- john daly

the fact that this is happening is a fucking disgrace.
obviously not on jim's part, the best boss i ever had, and absolutely dedicated to his shit (we've all walked past the shop at 1 in the morning to see him in there hunched over the computer doing orders)
it's on the part of the music industry in general (and books, movies etc)
why do people now prefer to have their music, photos, movies, LIFE on their shitty little iwhatevers?
anybody here remember bringing home an album and reading the cover 20 times while listening to it, yeah thats right, actually listening to an album, remember that? not skipping through "tracks" (as opposed to songs/tunes) after 2 mins....,
physical formats need to be preserved. go out and buy records, cd's, books whatever, support the artists, and the independent retailers who keep this shit alive
BE A PART OF IT!
as opposed to just a random observer, but i guess we're talking about the problems of modern society as a whole here, something i am not qualified to rant about, so i'll stick to music.
where is the tangibility gone? cork city better hope that jim opens up somewhere else soon, or it's gonna be one of those cities with no independent record store, like galway, where i live, and believe me it sucks ass.
and while you are at it, stop fucking downloading shitty quality pirated music for free, go out and support the people who sweat blood and tears over this shit.
or one day you'll wake up and realise there is no more quality stuff out there, because no one will be bothered by then anymore....
but sure by then there'll probably be an app on fucking facebook so you can do it yourself, but you know what?
it'll be SHIT.
- john daly

sad to say i can't see anything stopping the digital explosion.

Heard/read a report ecently about kids and music and some young 'uns barely knew what a cd was... let alone vinyl :(

I am absolutly gutted, Can I just say thanks so much to Jim, Albert and all the lads who have worked in pluged over the years who never been anything but friendly and helpfull. It breaks my heart to see good people like yourselfs going under, Pluged was alot more then a shop it was somewhere you could pop in for a half hour on a saturday pick up some nice tracks and chat and have banter with the lads.

This is a bad day for Cork.

I wish you all the best for the future

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

18th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Psychology And Literature: Cork World Book Fest

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 3pm

More events ▼