Playstation 3 HDMI Port Problem

First of all it's not a television problem because the nintendo wii u is working fine and that's connected via HDMI and i tested all my HDMI cables and they are working fine as well.I tested all the HDMI ports on the tv and they are working fine with my other electronical equipment.When i turn on my playstation 3 the HDMI port that it is connected to on my tele becomes an active outlet on my tv source menu.However instead of getting an actual screen i get a screen with a no signal sign instead.Is it possible to fix a PS3 HDMI port?

Hold the power button for a good ten secs til it resets the system with the hdmi in.it should beep a few times. if this doesn't work try the above with a scart lead to check that its not the ps3 itself

Actually im starting to think that the TV was given an update while it was being repaired.It's like it's trying to pickup a signal from the PS3 but something is blocking the signal.This is a Samsung television so that might help to try and narrow down the problem.

Hold the power button for a good ten secs til it resets the system with the hdmi in.it should beep a few times. if this doesn't work try the above with a scart lead to check that its not the ps3 itself

The people at the repair centre lost the scart adaptor for my tv so i will have to wait for one to be sent in the post.At the moment im wondering if a readjustment of the televisions settings might help the tv to pick up the hdmi signal from the PS3.

My steps should sort that ....I'm playing battlefield 4 on my ps4

I just tried that there and still no luck.Im starting to think that the tv is definitely not picking up a HDMI signal from the PS3 for whatever reason.When i press the HDMI button on my remote control it takes me to the HDMI screen where the console is being picked up on but im getting a no signal screen.So the HDMI port where the PS3 is connected to does become active when i switch it on.

If its reading it, it could be the tv.. I had problems before actually with a samsung tv and ps3. when you hold the power button in it goes back to a basic signal through the hdmi, the display goes crap and then it says hdmi device detected and it syncs with the telly

At the moment im wondering if a readjustment of the televisions settings might help the tv to pick up the hdmi signal from the PS3.

When you reset the picture settings on the PS3 it should automatically adjust to tv settings. The best way to find out is plugging it into another TV.
Like, the HDMI port doesn't really fail, but the solder could have come loose on the motherboard, if so its an easy fix, most shops would charge about 30/40 euro.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jimmy Lee

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 9:30pm

More events ▼