One Republic gig

Anyone know what time the main band are on stage tomorrow night, and if there will be alcohol at the bar as over16s are permitted?

Have been trying to contact the Savoy about this for ages but surprisingly to no avail.

The band were great, large crowd - but the sound was terrible? :/ Was standing by the steps on ground floor for the gig and if I hadn't already known the songs I wouldn't have known what words they were singing in some parts.

Fairly unimpressed with the Savoy lately to be honest concerning my unanswered queries (both on here and email) and then this.

The speakers are incorrect for the venue. If you're standing along a line in the middle of the dance floor you can have a good sound, but mostly you'll be blown out of it because of the effort to try to get clarity in every other part of the venue. Been that way for years...

madtheory is right,they are from an outdoor rig which was part of the the millennium dome but a decent sound is achievable.They refuse to change the processor which has never been set-up right for live or club sound,so you have to adjust from the amps directly.The bins are too much as are the horns,but also the flying angle gets optimum projection starting at the raised bar area which doesn't help considering that the crowd are all in front of this!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT

Chris Kent and Gearóid Farrelly

The White Horse, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼