Old Cork Photos

Yup. There's a brilliant photo in O'Connor's funeral home at the end of Shandonah showing every building and business of the whole Quay. IIRC it was taken in the late 60's early 70's. Well worth a look if you're passing. Think the photo was taken from an old Holly Bough.
Love the Guinness sign too. What pub was that? Bulls Head?

Dug this picture out of the archives. Known as The Glenville Owl-Man there were numerous sightings of this fine critter in the 90’s on the western side of the great Glenville mountains. It was known as a child and dog eater and resulted in the death of many a poor soul in the area. It was said to be a finicky creature around 8-foot tall, half-man and half-owl. At times there were were reports of it flying in the sky with huge dastardly wings. It was said to be seen hawking on the 2nd of November every year which is also the time that the Glenville Cult of Fawns carry out their annual ritual. A mystic sight for sure, and a beast that the people of Glenville still have in the back of their mind to this very day.
A notable piece, was this taken directly from the annals of the good people of Glenville?

A notable piece, was this taken directly from the annals of the good people of Glenville?
It was actually taken from Francis John Lynch’s archives, the local Glenville historian who I’d be friendly with. I have some quite useful contacts if I do say so myself.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Big Country
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

28th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Roy Orbison Reborn starring Dean Bourne

Cork Opera House, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼