Old Cork Photos

Great school tbf- all good memories ( mostly)
Bro De Salles was our headmaster- an ol slob
Followed by Br. Ephrim (?sp). A hard, cold bastard. I remember the uniform being mostly grey. For many years after leaving I couldn't wear the colour grey even though I mostly enjoyed my time there. Nearly 20 years later I met Bertie (vice principle) and he remembered me and my 2 brothers who went there. Was even able to tell me year of my LC!

Bro Eph gave me a dig last day of the inter cert( left then) he was a loose cannon. Bertie Kelliher ( beahsssttt) I met regularly until 2 years ago, gentleman. Still lives(ed) in Melbourn behind SSN. His wife got mugged by scumbags from Togher a few years back - broke her wrist/ arm afaik.

Bro Eph gave me a dig last day of the inter cert( left then) he was a loose cannon. Bertie Kelliher ( beahsssttt) I met regularly until 2 years ago, gentleman. Still lives(ed) in Melbourn behind SSN. His wife got mugged by scumbags from Togher a few years back - broke her wrist/ arm afaik.
🤔
Ephrem was too fond of violence.
Bertie was a gentleman and a scholar. One of the best there!

A lot of CSN alumni here 😊
I don’t remember getting my CSN uniform in Finn’s, hand me downs from my brother!
Bertie Kelleher, a sound man.

Moss Finn lives near me, my dad played rugby against him quite a few times, an absolute gent. So sad when his shop closed.

A lot of CSN alumni here 😊
I don’t remember getting my CSN uniform in Finn’s, hand me downs from my brother!
Bertie Kelleher, a sound man.

Moss Finn lives near me, my dad played rugby against him quite a few times, an absolute gent. So sad when his shop closed.
🙂
Maybe we should start an official Colaiste thread!

🤔
Ephrem was too fond of violence.
Bertie was a gentleman and a scholar. One of the best there!
The Ram was a complete mad man, would have mad a good prison warder but should never have been let near the education system.A sad little man and when you compare his style to Bertie Kelleher who had the interest of every pupil at the top of his agenda says it all about the RAM.Bertie was a man way ahead of his time when it comes to modern teaching methods,Arise Sir Bertie of Gneeveguilla. Great school.

The Ram was a complete mad man, would have mad a good prison warder but should never have been let near the education system.A sad little man and when you compare his style to Bertie Kelleher who had the interest of every pupil at the top of his agenda says it all about the RAM.Bertie was a man way ahead of his time when it comes to modern teaching methods,Arise Sir Bertie of Gneeveguilla. Great school.
😊
Great post and spot on.
The Ram seemed to be frustrated individual who probably never should have joined religious order. Maybe pushed into it back in the day, who knows.
Great school indeed. Apart from Bertie, teachers such as Killer, Doc and Paddy M were great. I have very happy memories of the place!

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jack Ahern

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼