Official National Hunt 2014-2015 thread

Jumps back on Channel 4 racing last weekend and today we have the season's bow of Sizing Europe and Baily Green at Gowran Park. They are up against it today against Noel Meade's Road to Riches who sleuced in to win the Galway Plate. Mouse Morris' horses are going well so I think Baily Green is probably the value out of the 3 at 3/1 but this early in the season its a watching brief for me.

Ruby Walsh back riding tomorrow at Tipperary in a mixed card that features the likes of Rebel Fitz and Indevan.
What with the change in the weather and the lights on in the car in the morning, dare I say Cheltenham is only around the corner :crazyeye:

Sorry Carmona, but to me, the Arc pales in comparison to watching the leap of Sizing Europe at the last today. 3 months short of 13 years old. I just don't get as pumped up about the flat as I do the jumps. No disrespect intended.

First high profile casualty of the season as My Tent Or Yours is ruled out through injury.

If Sprinter Sacre doesnt come back right it could be a bleak season - serious lack of quality in the chasing at the moment but some of the Mullins novices last year could add a bit of bite.

Alas star hurdler Solwhit was killed whilst schooling yesterday. Had a nice bet on him the time he hosed up at Aintree under Carberry.

Alas star hurdler Solwhit was killed whilst schooling yesterday. Had a nice bet on him the time he hosed up at Aintree under Carberry.

He was a good horse but always had injury problems. Won a few quid off him at that Aintree meeting and the Cheltenham meeting that year as well.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Hollyz
Crane Lane Theatre, Phoenix St.

5th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼