Official Boxing Thread

We all know his brother & father were tight with Kinahan.

But IMHO that alone is nowhere near enough to deny someone entry to the US.

Is there more insidious info than this in the public domain? Was Tommy Fury ever even on MTK's books?

If not, feels like the US are probably over-stepping procedural norms in order to send a bigger/broader message here.

We all know his brother & father were tight with Kinahan.

But IMHO that alone is nowhere near enough to deny someone entry to the US.

Is there more insidious info than this in the public domain? Was Tommy Fury ever even on MTK's books?

If not, feels like the US are probably over-stepping procedural norms in order to send a bigger/broader message here.
Hughie Fury was with MTK as well. Tommy is with Frank Warren.
Tommy was on Tyson's team for his fight against Wilder last year. The Yanks don't need much of a reason to deny or revoke an ESTA or Visa, their country, their rules.

Not much hype or any belts on the line last night but a candidate for fight of the year between Chisora & Pulev. I was listening to Talksport the other morning and Simon Jordan (whose opinions I value) tipped Del Boy to win. According to my buddy, he was the outsider at odds of around 3-1.

I scored it as I was watching and didn't total up until the end. I had it 114-114.

Before I added the scores I thought I might have Del by a couple.... but have also seen him get absolutely nothing in close matches his entire career.

Interesting you call it a FOTY candidate. I wouldn't go that far but thought it was a decent scrap. Lads on another forum hated it. It was wreckin my chi as I was really enjoying it

Chisora's style will always attract an element of snobbery from some boxing purists. I thought it was a very entertaining fight and a good clash of styles. I had Chisora but close enough.

I've done a bit of work involving a number of boxing clubs in Ulster over the last couple of years. While the will is there to deliver on the ground, the governance of clubs and provincial associations is an obsolute joke.

I've worked with a few funders to try and fix it.... but it's a waste of time. There isnt the capacity for it.

This was probably itended as a short, sharp shock..... but the lessons and guidance are never heeded.

I think Chisora is liked by most fight fans because he's entertaining and a brave scrapper. He's fought but lost to some big names in the division - Fury, Klitschko, David Haye, Pulev, Dillian Whyte, Joseph Parker, Usyk..... I thought he'd retire last December after the second Parker loss. Fair play to him for bouncing back but I fear for his health the longer he chooses to go on.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

19th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Kenny Live!

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼