North America Travel Queries

Apologies,

As an aside, clearance on the other side was incredibly quick this time. If you've been accepted for an ESTA previously you use and electronic terminal on US side and breeze through

OH really? Nice wan, might be flying to the US via London next year so thats good to know.

OH really? Nice wan, might be flying to the US via London next year so thats good to know.

Yep, basically like an check in terminal on the other side. Takes your details and a photo and gives you a print out to the guys at the immigration desk. Breeze up there as they are just waving through anyone who gets a printout with no issues. All in all i reckon it was a half hour from disembarking plane to getting baggage

Yep, basically like an check in terminal on the other side. Takes your details and a photo and gives you a print out to the guys at the immigration desk. Breeze up there as they are just waving through anyone who gets a printout with no issues. All in all i reckon it was a half hour from disembarking plane to getting baggage

Sweet! Hopefully thats not jsut in Miami. Last time I didnt fly from Ireland, I landed in LA coming from South America and it was a pain in hte ass getting through immigration.

Sweet! Hopefully thats not jsut in Miami. Last time I didnt fly from Ireland, I landed in LA coming from South America and it was a pain in hte ass getting through immigration.

They had a whole video about it on the plane. Would say its something they are rolling out as much as they can and not just airport specific - just depend s on when the airports bring those terminals in. Don't need to fill out that form before you land either.

That's pretty handy, though I have to say (touch wood) I've never had much of a queue on the US side whenever I've landed without pre clearance. Just been lucky, I guess.

So the two hours were grand in the end, though they inexplicably took me off 20 mins late.
Not sure what the new automated machines add, you still end up queuing to see some fella with a buzz cut and pot belly anyway.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Funny Fridays Special
City Limits, Coburg St.

3rd May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Joe Mac

Cantys, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼