New Track

Fuckin hell....thats actually very good. I wish it was night and i was stoned ,...but its still excellent.
Nice and chilled.

Very original.
I like the noise that comes into the track halfway through.
I like it all.
My kind of music.
Sounds like you are onto a winner there JonnyMac.

D'ye do gigs??

I will listen to more of the tunes later...peace

i really liked your last one and im the same about this. its very very well produced. Nice feel of the ttrack. verrry simple but it works. its got that thing about it that keeps you interested.
Yup, at 2.14 now. thats what i call music man. serious potential here.

Just a quick Q about it, production wise. do you know the way all the sounds are really easy going on the ears, yet really present ya? is this to do with final compression or reverb or what? Help on this would be appreciated coz its been boggling my mind for a while now about producion in general. If you dont get what im asking pm me and ill try n explain my question more.

thanks man,
Brian

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

We are not gigging yet - haven't figured out the live setup yet - it's difficult to know what's acceptable onstage for largely computer/synth based music.

Now I'm no expert on production - there are professionals visiting this board I believe, but here goes:

I find the panning of each track helps the clarity enormously. I tend to pan the bass sounds in the middle with the higher ranges such as guitars/vocals/synths panned left or right.

As far as effects goes, I generally compress vocals and bass ranges and add reverb to snares/vocals/synths/pianos etc. but not too much.

Also, make sure you dont have all your tracks at a high volume because you lose control over the mix.

I picked up most of these tips from Computer Music Magazine and by browsing websites. Also, if you keep doing it long enough you will gradually get an ear for whats right.

Trust your own ears is the best policy.

There are probably loads of other small tips that others could contribute (invitation).

Thanks again.

Jonathan.
http://www.labellealliance.com

Is this pseudonominous attempting to be funny and sarcastic n shit???
Go back to Compton/Carrigaline in yer plastic boy racer mobile.......and listen to some Fifty Cent eh??

This is good music man.....its digital yea.............and excellent.

Pseudonominous,

In the words of John Spillane: "Johnny don't go to Carrigaline".

Well it indicates you listened anyway so thanks for the interest.

Maybe I'll mix in the Pacman jingle into the next track just for you.

Jonathan.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Best Of Cork Special
City Limits, Coburg St.

25th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼