New Elk EP?

I hear there's a new Elk EP, making its way towards us, the good people of Cork.

puppy-with-stick.jpg

Please oh please oh please...

Haha. We're recording at the moment alright.
Got to go down and yell at microphones in a bit.

Not sure what's going to happen with it yet. We'll be making a video with one of the tracks but I don't know if there'll be a proper release. We'll more than likely put them up for free download.

Thanks for the excitement. You have made my morning. So has the vitamin drink I just aced down my neck.

Mmmm fair pleasant news. Where are you recording?

And they're sounding nice too, I have to say.

Keith Clancy (Quad, Opera House) and Lawrence White (Opera House, head of sound) have opened up a studio- Ruftone Recordings- there off Lancaster Quay in by the PC repair shop. It's smashing and seriously good rates.

And they're sounding nice too, I have to say.

Keith Clancy (Quad, Opera House) and Lawrence White (Opera House, head of sound) have opened up a studio- Ruftone Recordings- there off Lancaster Quay in by the PC repair shop. It's smashing and seriously good rates.

Awesome. Keith's dead on and great on sound too. Have they any website up or anything?
Look forward to hearing it!

Heard a few rough versions of a couple of tracks today (without vocals) when I crashed the studio, Nick Broomfield-style, sounds really, really good. More intense.

And shameless plug, Elk will be playing a gig on Friday 25th June in the Quad with Dublin's Grey Mayhem (myspace.com/thequadbar for a rough demo), featuring members of Hands Up Who Wants To Die, Crayonsmith and probably loads of other ones cos' they get around. Will be putting it on a little later than usual for those heading to Grizzly Bear in the Marquee.

Heard a few rough versions of a couple of tracks today (without vocals) when I crashed the studio, Nick Broomfield-style, sounds really, really good. More intense.

And shameless plug, Elk will be playing a gig on Friday 25th June in the Quad with Dublin's Grey Mayhem (myspace.com/thequadbar for a rough demo), featuring members of Hands Up Who Wants To Die, Crayonsmith and probably loads of other ones cos' they get around. Will be putting it on a little later than usual for those heading to Grizzly Bear in the Marquee.

That's gonna be one fun night.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

1st Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Aaron O Sullivan

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼