Need some recommendations re. studio gear

actually it's not for me... but I need to get a decent inexpensive studio mic and monitors for a friend...

the budget is around about 1200 euro for both, give or take a little.... so 7-800 for the monitors, and about 500 for the mic

thanks in advance

Audio Technica AT 4033a. Well worth the money, it's a mic you'll never part with. Superb on vocals, great on acoustic guitar. Superb, great or at the very least good, on everything. It's like an AKG414 without the wierd brightness/ sibilance thing they do.

Monitors- Tannoy Reveals are very nice. Should be enough in the budget for those. No sense spending lots on monitors if there's no room treatment. Anyway below EUR1000 there's nothing genuinely accurate, but plenty that are nice and workable. If she/ he has anything left, he should buy an SE Reflection Filter, and/ or build some bass traps.

Take a look at www.realtraps.com acoustics articles for info on speaker placement. Very important.

Don't forget cables. Just get basic ones, not the fancy rip off Monster or Van den Hul crap. If possible, run the monitors balanced, so depends on audio interface. Most have balanced jack outputs. Tannoys can take XLR or jack, balanced or unbalanced.

Audio Technica AT 4033a. Well worth the money, it's a mic you'll never part with. Superb on vocals, great on acoustic guitar. Superb, great or at the very least good, on everything. It's like an AKG414 without the wierd brightness/ sibilance thing they do.

I have a pair and they're great but for a really good all rounder get the AT4050.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 10:00 am
More info..

Simple Kid

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼