Must.... Own....property....

If you got this at 10% below asking and put in €60-75 of work (plus blood, sweat and tears) - you'd have a home (and investment) that would light up and pay off in silver dollars.

Only drawback is that the garden backs onto the part of The Lough when drunk teenagers puke, piss and shit of a Friday evening.

Caveat: Not sure what the subsidence issue would be like there.
The Lough is generally not that bad for puking teens in non covid times! Especially not over that part.

Subsidence (and difficulty in insurance because of that) is an issue everywhere in that area.

If you got this at 10% below asking and put in €60-75 of work (plus blood, sweat and tears) - you'd have a home (and investment) that would light up and pay off in silver dollars.

Only drawback is that the garden backs onto the part of The Lough when drunk teenagers puke, piss and shit of a Friday evening.

Caveat: Not sure what the subsidence issue would be like there.
The price of materials is off the wall at the moment, people being quoted £70-85k for a 4x6 meter extension here.

Good to hear the gaff is going well CrispY.. the cost of building materials has gone through the roof since then though, there isn't a chance you would pull that off now. Windows, doors and insulation would set you back about 50-60k there, heating system another 15k, full re-wire needed so thats another 5k min. doing it with the most basic stuff, the plumbing is probably also in bits. Then you have to refinish every surface you can see there, buy a kitchen for say 10k, bathroom another 5k, flooring would be another 5k. So thats the guts of 100k and theres a good way to go. Fire in skips, demos, a bot of tidying up the landscaping etc and you would do well to get out at 125k if you were prepared to do a lot of the work yourself. Get a builder in and CorkYs 170k wouldn't be far off the mark. Still, you'd have a grand house for the guts of €370-400 all in

Steel is gone insane.

Theyre only giving quotes for a fortnight now as the prices is so changeable.

The price of materials is off the wall at the moment, people being quoted £70-85k for a 4x6 meter extension here.
Its worse than people realise, and significantly at that. You're on about a bale of plywood going from €600 to €1500, timber is being priced by the day. Steel is through the roof, talking to a contractor today and the mesh you use in domestic foundations has gone from €17 a sheet to €45. The list is endless

I think we are quickly approaching the point where house building no longer makes any financial sense and should stop, but we have a housing crisis on the other hand

Good to hear the gaff is going well CrispY.. the cost of building materials has gone through the roof since then though, there isn't a chance you would pull that off now. Windows, doors and insulation would set you back about 50-60k there, heating system another 15k, full re-wire needed so thats another 5k min. doing it with the most basic stuff, the plumbing is probably also in bits. Then you have to refinish every surface you can see there, buy a kitchen for say 10k, bathroom another 5k, flooring would be another 5k. So thats the guts of 100k and theres a good way to go. Fire in skips, demos, a bot of tidying up the landscaping etc and you would do well to get out at 125k if you were prepared to do a lot of the work yourself. Get a builder in and CorkYs 170k wouldn't be far off the mark. Still, you'd have a grand house for the guts of €370-400 all in
That's what I said, just with less words.

The Lough is generally not that bad for puking teens in non covid times! Especially not over that part.

Subsidence (and difficulty in insurance because of that) is an issue everywhere in that area.

Agreed but it's been fairly full on for the last two years in the good weather. On my walk home last Friday after work there was a girl 18 or 19 puking her heart and soul up in the kids play area while others of the same age cheered her on. This was about 1730hrs.

My neighbours had a, quite frankly, unsettling run-in with a bunch of scrotes by the Loughview Tce. entrance a while back. They got out of the situation but I'd say it wasn't fun.

There was a wino asleep on the footpath opposite the Hawthorn car park the other day too - at 0745hrs. I thought that he was dead at first. Ditto, a fella out of it on a bench by the pet shop in the early hours a few months back.

The pièce de résistance though was a college aged lad pinching off a loaf in the bus stop facing the Lough Cafe while his buddy kept sketch and was holding his food from one of the local Chinese takeaways.

A quandary for me now on the footpath turd landmine mile is "human or canine".

Agreed but it's been fairly full on for the last two years in the good weather. On my walk home last Friday after work there was a girl 18 or 19 puking her heart and soul up in the kids play area while others of the same age cheered her on. This was about 1730hrs.

My neighbours had a, quite frankly, unsettling run-in with a bunch of scrotes by the Loughview Tce. entrance a while back. They got out of the situation but I'd say it wasn't fun.

There was a wino asleep on the footpath opposite the Hawthorn car park the other day too - at 0745hrs. I thought that he was dead at first. Ditto, a fella out of it on a bench by the pet shop in the early hours a few months back.

The pièce de résistance though was a college aged lad pinching off a loaf in the bus stop facing the Lough Cafe while his buddy kept sketch and was holding his food from one of the local Chinese takeaways.

A quandary for me now on the footpath turd landmine mile is "human or canine".
Very dissapointed to hear all that CrispY.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Son Of Crazy Chester

Coughlan's, Today @ 10:30pm

More events ▼