Must.... Own....property....

Let's say this is correct, right? What are we going to do to get them back, because they were obviously the ones making a difference?

No "lets say" but true. Many people I know did it.

To get the qualified workers back (not only in construction) there would have to be a lot changed. People did not do a fuss on how Ireland is run when they were paid 5-6 times more than back home with a moderate cost of living (and raging unemployment back home). When now the cost of living dramatically went up and the money is twice what they are getting paid on the continent. Not to mention shit weather and the distance. The mentality was a common topic too. Outdated technology, inefficient process and ridiculously entitled co-workers to say little.

I don't have to do that. Answer my questions
Try this one first?

How exactly do you propose to solve the current shortage of new homes etc seeing as the construction industry is currently working at full capacity?*

*Imported foreign labour will require significant accommodation that is in current short supply and they would be entitled to remain and bring their families etc over. This imported labour is also in high demand all over Europe.

No "lets say" but true. Many people I know did it.

To get the qualified workers back (not only in construction) there would have to be a lot changed. People did not do a fuss on how Ireland is run when they were paid 5-6 times more than back home with a moderate cost of living (and raging unemployment back home). When now the cost of living dramatically went up and the money is twice what they are getting paid on the continent. Not to mention shit weather and the distance. The mentality was a common topic too. Outdated technology, inefficient process and ridiculously entitled co-workers to say little.
I'm not talking about Irish people going to Australia (weather and animals are shit down there), or Canada (weather and animals are shit up there), I'm talking about Eastern Europe where weather is shit and Ireland is a place to be. Go get them.

I'm not talking about Irish people going to Australia (weather and animals are shit down there), or Canada (weather and animals are shit up there), I'm talking about Eastern Europe where weather is shit and Ireland is a place to be. Go get them.
They are all busy.

Working on construction in Poland etc due to the shortage of accommodation in Poland and elsewhere after taking in huge numbers of refugees.

They are not all just sitting around all day waiting for a phone call from Irish builders.

I'm talking about Eastern Europe where weather is shit and Ireland is a place to be. Go get them.

I do not know much about Ukrainians and Russians. But In Central Europe there are four seasons and it is not pissing rain and blows wind every other day.
You can still hire Poles, sure. But you will pay the rates as for professional not as for Shane after Vocational School who borrowed the van from his pops ;)

the skilled labor shortages are so significant that even influx of Ukrainian refugees in the region did not change anything. If someone would need to pick Ireland and for example Norway, would pick Norway from the experience and for the monies.

They are not all just sitting around all day waiting for a phone call from Irish builders.

They are actually being called. You should see all the LOLs on the Polish boards when that happens.

They are all busy.

Working on construction in Poland etc due to the shortage of accommodation in Poland and elsewhere after taking in huge numbers of refugees.

Exactly, they are building Poland instead of Ireland, get them back!

I do not know much about Ukrainians and Russians. But In Central Europe there are four seasons and it is not pissing rain and blows wind every other day.
You can still hire Poles, sure. But you will pay the rates as for professional not as for Shane after Vocational School who borrowed the van from his pops ;)

the skilled labor shortages are so significant that even influx of Ukrainian refugees in the region did not change anything. If someone would need to pick Ireland and for example Norway, would pick Norway from the experience and for the monies.

They are actually being called. You should see all the LOLs on the Polish boards when that happens.
Trust me, the weather is shit, summers are too hot, winters are too cold, you need 2 sets of tires, it's very expensive to live in central/eastern Europe. Ireland weather is class, pretty much consistent over 12 months

Trust me, the weather is shit, summers are too hot, winters are too cold, you need 2 sets of tires, it's very expensive to live in central/eastern Europe. Ireland weather is class, pretty much consistent over 12 months
I moved to Ireland 20 years ago. Still prefer the weather back there ;)

The cost and earnings (and benefits) are unmatchable. Seriously someone would have to be desperate to decide to come. The last few years Romanians were coming, but their economy is also blooming. Bulgaria is in deep shit but who was in Bulgaria and have seen their buildings... well maybe better not to LOL

I have two friends having their own firms here (I had to replace the sink myself recently, that was the adventure including plastered copper pipes...). They are booked a year ahead. And they charge higher than the average (employing more than 20 people each of them).

I moved to Ireland 20 years ago. Still prefer the weather back there ;)

The cost and earnings (and benefits) are unmatchable. Seriously someone would have to be desperate to decide to come. The last few years Romanians were coming, but their economy is also blooming. Bulgaria is in deep shit but who was in Bulgaria and have seen their buildings... well maybe better not to LOL

I have two friends having their own firms here. They are booked a year ahead. And they charge higher than the average (emplying more than 20 people each of them).
Why are you still here then?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Comedy Cavern: Comedy Cavern Showcase

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼