Motorsport 2021

It is easier to blame Michael Masi than accept maybe Mercedes fucked up on strategy. It was pathetic to be protesting outside the prize giving last night. I have no issue with Hamilton, but his supporters would want to get a fucking grip.

I fail to see how anyone can come to the conclusion that Mercedes fucked up on strategy. The decision Mercedes made not to pit was the right call at the time. If they pitted Max stayed out and they ceded track position, if they stayed out, they kept track position and Max pitted but the likelihood at the time was that the race would finish under the safety car. This was a sound assumption given the information they had available to them at the itme. They couldn't account for a race director that deviated from the rules. This was Masi's fault. And it is a shame because both Max and Lewis were amazing this year and they both deserved for the season to end fairly. Now you have a guy that is champion that shouldn't be and another, rightly, that feels hard done by because the race director decided to change the rules in the second last lap of the season. Masi isn't a scapegoat, this was a situation 100% of his own doing.

There's a good article here which explains why Hamilton and Mercedes had a case should they have wished to pursue it:

I personally didn't care who won, both drivers deserved to be chamption, my beef is that the regulations were not followed and as a result it changed the championship outcome.

I agree though, people protesting for any sporting result is pathetic and Mercedes and Hamilton should have attended the Gala, especially since they were dropping the protest anyway.

Last edited:
MajorDefiniteBee-size_restricted.gif

I was reading his post earlier on Instagram, it's insane. Just cry into your pint, don't contact people on social media and tell them you want to kill them. We don't even do that here!

Last season was one of the best there's been, yet weirdly there's been no season review on Sky F1 at all. I can only assume it has something to do with that Netflix thing. Annoying

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Polly Barrett
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

8th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼