Motorsport 2021

Hmm yes. If it was any other team in this dominant position, he probably would have lost the drive for next season several races ago. Redbull might be content to have one vastly superior driver, if they're confident the other teams aren't going to catch up. Hopefully not
McLaren were the last team I remember with a dominant car and 2 drivers free to race (in 1988-9 and 1998-9) and that ended in rancour the first time and nearly cost them the WDC in 1999. Ferrari, Red Bull and Merc (maybe bar 2016 which nearly split the team) have always had a 1 and 2 driver. Constructors championship pays more for a team than Drivers championship. And that matters to Red Bull.

McLaren were the last team I remember with a dominant car and 2 drivers free to race (in 1988-9 and 1998-9) and that ended in rancour the first time and nearly cost them the WDC in 1999. Ferrari, Red Bull and Merc (maybe bar 2016 which nearly split the team) have always had a 1 and 2 driver. Constructors championship pays more for a team than Drivers championship. And that matters to Red Bull.
Redbull would be taking a chance holding onto Perez, if the others manage to close the gap. Hamilton isn't far behind and I'd be surprised If he didn't go ahead of him into to 2nd in the championship before the end of the season. And that's after a terrible season for himself and Merc.

Yeah, I guess at least privately it's nearly always been that way with the 1 and 2 driver. Might have been interesting if Ferrari had been the dominant team over the last year.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

14th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Hot Blooded Animals

Coughlan's, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼