Misleading press releases

I just saw this one from Easyjet

The headline is "easyJet becomes first major airline to roll out online check-in"

So, I was thinking to myself "I've done this with KLM and BA, that's not right...

And then you look in the text, which starts "easyJet, Europe's leading low-fares airline, has become the first major low-cost airline to roll-out internet check-in for its UK passengers"

So, we have two qualifications 'low-cost' (which has debatable meaning anyway) and 'for its UK passengers'

It's really false advertising.

jungle said:
I just saw this one from Easyjet

The headline is "easyJet becomes first major airline to roll out online check-in"

So, I was thinking to myself "I've done this with KLM and BA, that's not right...

And then you look in the text, which starts "easyJet, Europe's leading low-fares airline, has become the first major low-cost airline to roll-out internet check-in for its UK passengers"

So, we have two qualifications 'low-cost' (which has debatable meaning anyway) and 'for its UK passengers'

It's really false advertising.

I think you should clarify the purpose of this thread. Are we supposed to ad (geddit?) our own press release stories, or what?

trasnanadtonnta said:
I think you should clarify the purpose of this thread. Are we supposed to ad (geddit?) our own press release stories, or what?
Oftentimes I post random musings about life's trivialities on here. I feel the world is a better place for people having had a glimpse into my mind.

And I'm not going down the punning line. There aren't enough press release puns.

trasnanadtonnta said:
That's going well for you so far. Good job.

I created the thread specifically for my reply. I'm not foolish enough to think people are really going to do it. Not unless I have some good blackmail material.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Aidan Killian - Comedian

The Richmond Revival, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼