Minor Hurling 2022

First semi final probably better standard
Douglas struck late to beat Valleys

Some excellent scores esp second douglas goal
4 or 5 players involved and super finish

Midleton got early goal and pt
Ballincollig very wasteful in first half

Midleton got on top very early in second half and never looked like being beaten

Both centre backs O'Leary Hayes for Midleton and Kelly for Ballincollig very good in second game

Douglas favourites for final on basis of both games
Think they'll have better forwards than Ballincollig

Must say though Shane Scanlon in second game was very good as referee
Let lot of tippy tappy stuff go
Players earned their free
Was at game. First game very competitive but taught hurling was poor. A lot og lads at u 17 looked very young defo at club should be back to u18 these lads too young to go into adult grades.

Was at game. First game very competitive but taught hurling was poor. A lot og lads at u 17 looked very young defo at club should be back to u18 these lads too young to go into adult grades.
I think about 99% of the GAA fraternity agree with you on that one.

At the Bride v Aghada game last night. Pa Beausang (Midleton) was excellent in refereeing the game. Let it flow.
Great win for Rovers. Great work going on in that club at underage level.

At the Bride v Aghada game last night. Pa Beausang (Midleton) was excellent in refereeing the game. Let it flow.
Great win for Rovers. Great work going on in that club at underage level.
100% agree with your assessment of the Ref, he was very good. Bride well deserving of their win although Aghada were understrength due to injuries. Denis Cashman was the stand out player in that game. Bride are probably the weakest team left however and could struggle v Killeagh.
The first game between Carrigtwohill and Erins Own had a much higher standard of hurling than the second one. Peter O Shea, Shane Irwin and Matt O Riordan all very good for EO. Likewise Dan Murnane, Sean Brennan and Patrick Walsh for Carrig. EO slightly shaded it overall, although Carrig should be commended for a very strong fightback in the second half. Two enjoyable games overall.

Rovers also had injuries. 2 lads injured in first game v Catherines. Hopefully will be back for semifinal. Great to see u are saying they are weak. Aghada topped Erin’s Own group. Scoring. 2-20. 3-13. 1-15 in their game. Rovers held them to 1-7. And the goal was scored with last puck of the game. Not saying they will beat Killeagh. But give them some credit for beating Aghada. Every team has injuries.

Rovers also had injuries. 2 lads injured in first game v Catherines. Hopefully will be back for semifinal. Great to see u are saying they are weak. Aghada topped Erin’s Own group. Scoring. 2-20. 3-13. 1-15 in their game. Rovers held them to 1-7. And the goal was scored with last puck of the game. Not saying they will beat Killeagh. But give them some credit for beating Aghada. Every team has injuries.
Erins own in a different group to aghada. Bride had the weakest group in it bar Newtown shandrum who won’t be beaten

Amazing u say it was the weakest group. Rovers & Newtown in championship semifinal. Mallow & Catherines in shield semifinal. All four teams in semifinals

Amazing u say it was the weakest group. Rovers & Newtown in championship semifinal. Mallow & Catherines in shield semifinal. All four teams in semifinals
Yeah maybe that’s harsh but the quality I’ve seen from the other groups I think there are a lot stronger teams in it. Killeagh Erin’s own and inniscarra probably had the toughest group I saw inniscarra play against btown and the standard was incredible but saw them again against Killeagh and they were without 5 players and got an early injury so I feel they were hard done by. Carrigtwohill and aghada both looked good with carrigtwohill without cork minor Cillian barry and aghada delt 2 injuries to Celtic challenge players who obviously must be good and I was surprised the Barrs didn’t make it through with the pick they have. I’m group three I was disappointed with mallow who struggled compared to the league. Newtown in a league of their own who should be p1 and it was a toss up between catherines and bride who got a lucky draw in the quarter final

Obviously u are an Inniscarra lad. As I said every team gets injuries it’s how u deal with them. As I said give Rovers some credit.
Wouldn’t mind seeing bride win at all but I don’t think they are there yet Killeagh very strong and I can’t see them being beat in the semi, hopefully I’m proved wrong love to see an underdog win but I’d imagine no one will stop Newtown

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
SAL
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

28th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Darragh O Rourke

Seventy Seven, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼