Minor Hurling 2022

Great sportsmanship but you have to question the ref as on the night both teams said carrigtwohill had won. I’d imagine aghada and Erin’s own will advance with Killeagh and shandrum meeting in a final
Cant imagine any ref being stubborn...... oh wait no, ever ask a ref "what was that for?" after giving a free and them not tell you? They can be the most ignorant cunts on the planet when they want to be. Never wrong.

Cant imagine any ref being stubborn...... oh wait no, ever ask a ref "what was that for?" after giving a free and them not tell you? They can be the most ignorant cunts on the planet when they want to be. Never wrong.
This was that refs second time doing it after the Glanmire and Douglas debacle and he's down for u16 Champ again this week. There is prob an issue with the shortage of refs as they keep saying, so they prob need him more than the other way around but pit him into a few games at u13 etc level or something where the stakes aren't as high, not u16 Champ!

Great to see St Finbarrs back Carrigtwohill’s in their appeal against the result of their match last Friday night. Referee had wrong score and said match was a draw. Both teams told him carrigtwohill won by a point. But he stuck to his guns. Result overturned at last night’s meeting.
Fair play to de Barrs. As they are knocked out now a draw would have seen them in 1/4 finals.

Aghada v Bride Rovers. (A)
Erins Own v Carrigtwohill (B)
Semifinals
Killeagh v A
Shandrrum v B
Appreciate that Rovers

I see Cork entered 4 teams in the U14 competition down in Waterford yesterday. 3 in the Tony Forristal which were all knocked out in the first round and 1 in the Sonny Walsh which won that competition.

Is there anywhere we could see a list of the Cork teams and also how were
the 4 teams divided up?

I see Cork entered 4 teams in the U14 competition down in Waterford yesterday. 3 in the Tony Forristal which were all knocked out in the first round and 1 in the Sonny Walsh which won that competition.

Is there anywhere we could see a list of the Cork teams and also how were
the 4 teams divided up?
I could be wrong but I think all 4 cork teams were in the same competition, win your first game and you enter the Tony Forristal, lose and you’ll enter the Sonny Walsh

I saw the teams posted somewhere yesterday, I’ll try find them

Find the Tony Forristal page on Facebook and click on the match programme, then download and all the teams are shown.

I believe it was Cork Team 4 that won the Sonny Walsh tournament and the captain is Oisin Buckley from Crosshaven who is named among the subs on the programme. I don't believe most players played in the positions they were named on the programme.

Not an iota on Rebel Og or the Echo about a Cork team winning the Sonny Walsh tournament or any of the other Cork teams playing over the weekend.

Cork U-16's defeated Kilkenny but lost to Galway, Limerick defeated Wexford in the final 5-10 to 1-06. Limerick also won the Arrabawn U-15 final defeating Galway by 3 points in the final. Apparently these Limerick teams are very strong with a huge emphasis on physical training, no change in that regard from their recent predecessors. From what I'm hearing the Limerick U-16 team was far better prepared than Cork for last weekends tournament. In winning both tournaments last Saturday it augurs very well for Limerick minors over the next couple of years at least.

Cork missing 3 u16s who played minor this year one who started, Jayden Casey, so obviously they were a big loss as they had already proven they were good enough to play a year ahead inter county so I wouldn’t be worrying about the results too much

Cork missing 3 u16s who played minor this year one who started, Jayden Casey, so obviously they were a big loss as they had already proven they were good enough to play a year ahead inter county so I wouldn’t be worrying about the results too much
I know Jayden Casey was missing, don't know of any others though! I thought Ben Walsh was the only other U-16 who played minor this year and I don't know whether or not he lined out last Saturday. I know one player who lined out although he played a divisional Premier 2 U-17 football final the previous night, by all accounts he played well with his club and Cork.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Talisk
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

23rd Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Etaoin Melville, Silent Voices

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 4pm

More events ▼