Minister Alan Kelly.

yes - but could they govern?

Two points.
1) I think they could, though it would require the election of like-minded majorities elsewhere throughout the EU at the very least
2) the question hasn't thus far been whether they could govern, but whether a vote for them is a wasted vote.

Really? What are you basing this on?

Electoral politics - people in that constituency take pride in sticking it to the establishment and in particular the media in Dublin. Add to it he is a minister and if he has any cop will have been spreading the favours around like sweets and his profile and and the money he will spend on his campaign - he won't top the poll but he will be safe.

yes - but could they govern?

If by "govern" you mean make a ballsup of the economy by imposing austerity that sees their cronies doing well while others tighten the belt; or sets up quangos for their pals to extort monies from people who can ill afford it; or who can put more and more people out of their homes while the bankers and developers make more and more money then YES, they can "govern".

I think most that voted FG and Labour will accept that the current Government have gotten a lot of things wrong. Yes they've done some things right but at what cost to the majority of the citizens?

A vote for Labour is a vote for FG, which in turn is a vote for whatever Dennis O'Brien wants, irrespective of the long term good of this country. After Mehole Martin's support of FG - it looks like a vote for FF is also a vote for FG (see above).

It will be interesting to see the makeup of the next Government, which I think won't last much more than about a year.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼